Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

Default Need Help With Necro Trouble With Specs

My Necro is stuck in the middle of level 40 and I want to do some soloing when I'm not grouping. I'm trying to solo the Specs and I've noticed that I'm getting resisted at least 95% of the time and mostly not getting anywhere besides a lot of used mana.

I tried doing the Hungry Earth - Dooming Darkness - Chilling Embrace - Scourge pattern and Hungry Earth will connect but the rest will mainly get resisted.

I've also tried Dooming Darkness - Panic the Dead and the Specs don't go anywhere. It doesn't say that it was resisted but it will just not move. Almost as if it was rooted.

So my question is what setup should I be using if I want to root/rot and what setup should I use if I want to fear/kite?
Old 12-28-2016, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

The MR is a bit dicey till about 42, but it gets easier. My technique was to always keep up on your shielding spell and call of bones then send in pet first, dooming darkness, panic the dead, venom of the snake, and vampiric curse. Pull pet off when mob's hp tick around 45%.
After a couple runs and you'll have it down. When you hit 44 they drop so fast.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

probably not what you want to hear, but grabbing 36-45 was pretty darned easy in Butcherblock off of the citizen dwarves at the docks. Two on each of the far side of the shore line inside of the walls are on 6.3 min respawns, as is another dwarf on the left outer wall side that is a paladin that goes down without using Lay on Hands if he's under fear for the last bit of his life.

The two dwarves on the docks themselves are on 18 min respawn timers. With good use of max swim skill & Gate you can rip them up for good cash and amazing exp. Try to get enough +charisma items for selling at the druid ring in the zone so that you can sell axes and buy one or more back at the correct coin breaking points so that your silver, copper, and gold get reduced into flat platinum.

At 45 I decided to study the spawns and patterns of the kelethin guards and made 52 off of them. Excellent money and experience, but it takes some practice and a good spawn timer so that you're constantly killing what you can handle without getting a surprise patrol guard. Dead Man Floating is strongly recommended for this strategy.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The MR is a bit dicey till about 42, but it gets easier. My technique was to always keep up on your shielding spell and call of bones then send in pet first, dooming darkness, panic the dead, venom of the snake, and vampiric curse. Pull pet off when mob's hp tick around 45%.
Spot on.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NegaStoat, I'll have to try your suggestion if I ever get over to Butcherblock...

I've been using the method Kowalski mentioned and except for a few resists here or there, I've been able to make it to level 42.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:51 AM
Sarnak

Old 01-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Kobold

Mehh forget that place.
The XP suxxor.

just goto lower Guk and pwn solo there, (unded charming).
There the XP will rock a lot lot more than dorfs..

Then goto High Hold keep and kill nobles.

simple
Old 01-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mehh forget that place.
The XP suxxor.

just goto lower Guk and pwn solo there, (unded charming).
There the XP will rock a lot lot more than dorfs..

Then goto High Hold keep and kill nobles.

simple
I've had nothing but problems when I went to Guk. I left more times in a body bag then I did on my own two feet.

As for HighPass and HighPass Keep, my faction is decent to walk around and bank without being attacked so I'm happy.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

In lguk, I started charming exe room in mid 30's. Use rest of the dead at max casting range. If you get a resist wait a sec till they all go to spawn point and get up and try it again. Them root one. Charm it. Aggro another and have it path to pet. Root the non charmed from. When charm breaks it's not a big deal. If you see root break hit pet back off a few times to see if it was your pet. If not then re root the mob you are killing. Duo with another necro or chanter. The exp will fly.

Save that highkeep faction for those soulfire later.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread