Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: When was your first experience with Everquest?
Pre-Kunark (March 1999-April 2000) 4,623 51.27%
Kunark (April 2000-December 2000) 2,280 25.29%
Velious (December 2000-December 2001) 908 10.07%
Luclin or later (December 2001-Present) 683 7.57%
Never played Everquest on live. Project 1999 is your first experience. 523 5.80%
Voters: 9017. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Large Bat

Started in summer of 2000. Joined the Innoruuk server and made a bard which I leveled to 60. I loved that character. Im glad I can relive it here.

I quit in early Luclin days ... didn't like the expansion.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:29 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Talking xXTRIGGXx

Played from 1st launch, played for many years! lost many Gfriends! LOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I remember taking the day off work and going to my local Babbages and seeing Everquest on the new releases shelf. I started thumbing through the hint book and got excited seeing all the cool stuff you could do. I bought it then and there the first week of release and played it on and off for the next 5 years until the expansions started killing the game by having so many zones that all of them were more or less empty and devoid of groups to join. I feel that the game started going downhill with the expansion after Velious. I can't remember if that was Plains of Power or Luclin, but after that, it just was not the same game.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Skeleton

Such nostalgia reading all these posts!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Midway through Velious is when i started playing worked really long hours so was only able to log 60hrs game time per week. Started off buying the original disk decided to play through each expansion separately. I remember mapping zones by hand, drawing out the zone using sense heading and getting lost a lot and having to /ooc my /loc constantly so someone that knew a area could come save me from my wall hugging days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I still have the original disk, (1) CD only half the space on it used. Came with the original map, which (imo) did no one any good it had funny continents drawn on it and the rest was up to the player to find a way through. After that i was hooked, with a 100% interactive environment i spent the next 6 years playing stopped playing after seeing LDoN release spending money on yet another expac and not feeling a sub was worth it anymore. Returned later to see the changes off and on but sorry to disappoint anyone when i say GoD was the official end for me until recently [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-14-2015, 12:09 AM
Banned

First experience with it was beta, I was gaming at a buddies house. I was so used to playing super Mario, it blew my mind.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Large Rat

I bought the game about two weeks after it came out. Unfortunately, I found out my computer at the time couldn't run it (we're talking about 2-3 FPS). So it ended up sitting on my shelf for a few months and I ended up getting a new computer around October of 1999 and picked the game back up.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I played in the beta in 98' on a friends machine... I made a dark-elf cleric and played for the next 7 years... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Large Rat

Default First hit of evercrack

April 2000. My brother showed me a picture of the fiery avenger for the paladin and told me at the time how to get it wasn't totally confirmed. The idea of an epic quest for an awesome item hooked me immediately. I bought a computer, bought the game and played a paladin for a few months. I tried a bard for the first time and played it for nearly 3 years before calling it quits upon the birth of my son. Those three years of 40- 50 hours a week every week is still some of the fondest memories of a hobby/addiction I have to this day. Just like any other addict, I'm here fooling myself saying I can control my addiction and play just a little at a time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 01-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Aviak

I had a friend telling me about EQ back in 6th or 7th grade. I ended up trying it out right around the time the Everquest Trilogy set was released.
Closed Thread