Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

I think Gongshow hit a happy medium with what the staff wants (less bullshit and less griefing) and what the players want (classic pvp). You can do whatever the fuck you want, short of cheating, exploiting, training until that person(s) calls LnS. Its clear, concise, and there is no grey area, which is what all the bitching takes place about.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:49 PM
Aviak

This is to complicated to be honest. i love that you guys are taking interest in cleaning up the PvP on this server. But i have to agree with Gongshow too. This to much work trying to keep track of this and there will be to many situations where things get grey.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongshow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A step in the right direction, but this still seems confusing.

Can we just get a thing called "logical LNS"? This is where anything that EQ PVP encompasses, including bind rushing, rezzing, corpse camping to an extent, is allowed. Once one side calls LNS, the winning guild allows the losing guild to LNS and move along, and they agree to not contest that zone/mob for an hour.

This allows everyone to enjoy EQ PVP to the fullest, and also prevents anyone from getting corpse camped and having their evening ruined by being camped, etc. This also prevents bannings that harm the server population due to confusing rules. Bans should be saved for MQ and other stupid things, such as RL threats, GM attacks, etc.

Logical LNS 2014.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

Gong show making the most sense here. I'm confused by the rest. His is pretty simple to follow.

Bullseye- Ranger God's Work
Godspeed- Bard God's Work
Old 01-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Small Scale PvP

If a group leaves a zone completely during an engagement to enter a zone where PvP has not occurred during that engagement, and the opposing group does not pursue, the exiting group is considered to have called LnS in the zone they have left.
Sorry could you clarify this? Do you mean after youve died and everyone has left the zone and the engagement has ended then LNS is assumed.

Or do you mean during an engagement if you zone at all you're considered to have lost the fight and cannot come back for an hour?

For example if you are fighting a 1v1 and you zone is the fight over? What if some one was to agro a mob and zone the agro.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Logical LNS was tried, it didn't work. Nihilum declared it was "confusing" and/or they would not follow it.

Now we have explicit rules to address the "confusion'. But Nihilum want's the old "logical LNS" confusion back.

I think Nihilum will always be "confused" about why they can't grief folks off the server. GMs should make an explicit rule set that is enforceable. Then they should enforce it.

A suggestion for the devs, rez from PVP death should give a debuff that prevents all actions from landing on other players (heals, buffs, rezzes, attacks, etc) for 10 minutes. That would go a long way towards preventing LNS & PvP abuses.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongshow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A step in the right direction, but this still seems confusing.

Can we just get a thing called "logical LNS"? This is where anything that EQ PVP encompasses, including bind rushing, rezzing, corpse camping to an extent, is allowed. Once one side calls LNS, the winning guild allows the losing guild to LNS and move along, and they agree to not contest that zone/mob for an hour.

This allows everyone to enjoy EQ PVP to the fullest, and also prevents anyone from getting corpse camped and having their evening ruined by being camped, etc. This also prevents bannings that harm the server population due to confusing rules. Bans should be saved for MQ and other stupid things, such as RL threats, GM attacks, etc.

Logical LNS 2014.
Quote:
Just make this the rule for everything (small scale, and mass) and we have ourselves a winner.

Logical LNS 2014! Halfway there!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

If we die to a DOT during small scale PvP, but zone and don't get YT'd do we have to LNS from the original zone of PvP?

For example, I'm in Skyfire, I zone to BW at low life, die in BW due to a dot but there's no YT. Do I have to LNS at all? And if so from which zone?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it's too hard for you to read and follow 3 simple paragraphs, you can go play Hooked on Phonics, the video game. This isn't and never will be SZ. If you want to play SZ, go make your own box.
All I want to know is who spanked you that you are now considering input? You've abused position, shown terrible incompetence in understanding real pnp vs baiting and rule lawyering, and now you are admitting that the original rules were both poorly reviewed and not at all researched.

You owe anyone you suspended or banned under the previous rules an apology and reprieve.

You should keep your ego in check and pay less attention to server politics, if you wish to give the impression of impartiality.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I want to know is who spanked you that you are now considering input? You've abused position, shown terrible incompetence in understanding real pnp vs baiting and rule lawyering, and now you are admitting that the original rules were both poorly reviewed and not at all researched.

You owe anyone you suspended or banned under the previous rules an apology and reprieve.

You should keep your ego in check and pay less attention to server politics, if you wish to give the impression of impartiality.
lol nilly
Closed Thread