Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

Default Convince me to red99

Howdy all,

Interested in your red99 server but don't know anything about it and blue server doesnt generally have anything good to say about red.

I have no experience with EQ pvp but have lots of experience with pvp from DAoC, Warhammer, WoW and SWTOR.

Myself and my friends have played on the blue server up to mid fifties before we were burnt out and discouraged after looking to end game raiding. I have no interest in "competing" by poop socking mobs for hours on end or attempting to cockblock or prevent others from accessing content most of us did 15 years ago in order to maintain some silly monopoly.

So please tell me about the server. What's th raid scene like? How does pvp work? Assuming a duo or trio are there certain classes we should shy away from due to unbalanced pvp nature? Currentt we are messing around with a cleric enchanter combo which is a lot of fun, would that still be viable?

Is there an experience modifier in place?

What does the economy look like?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Duckwalk
Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

don't play
Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Banned

played blue server on live for years, then played a pvp server

literally cannot play blue servers now, shit feels boring and pointless

that being said, this server is not indicative of what a normal pvp server would be and i would advise you to stay away unless you have serious psychological and/or social disorders
Last edited by Colgate; 02-11-2014 at 08:01 PM..
Old 02-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

Read your link Colgate and I'm very interested. Looks like a lot of fun. Can you explain a bit more about the server, class balance in pvp, basic pvp mechanics or the raid scene?

Or direct me to a resource with this information?

I'm happy to do forum searches I just wondered if you had information at hand or the time to educate.

Thanks,
Duckwalk
Old 02-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Banned

I hate to say this, but if you havent started already, id steer clear.

Theres a play nice policy that makes it complicated to kill a naked guy and some guy can just bag his shit so it looks like you cant kill him and if you make a mistake you might get banned and... i dont care to figure out how it works, it feels so tacked on and unintuitive.

But yea if you can wrestle the rulebook down and decide youd still wanna play on a PVP server with these kind of hoops you have to jump in to PVP then it might be fun.

Players come up with all sorts of solutions to better the server and these are ignored most of the times or end up getting patched after the damage is done

Like right now people are suggesting blue transfers to help boost red99s population. Curious to see when and if theres ever going to be a response to that.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

We would love to help you here, send tell to selena/checkraise/ricardo/sektor/tyrant/moderately or any other red dawn member!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to say this, but if you havent started already, id steer clear.

Theres a play nice policy that makes it complicated to kill a naked guy and some guy can just bag his shit so it looks like you cant kill him and if you make a mistake you might get banned and... i dont care to figure out how it works, it feels so tacked on and unintuitive.
Untrue, you can kill naked people. It's the guy on the CR's job to make sure that you know that he's on a CR.

Tradesonread is just being a little dismal with every right to be. Server is going to get more population thanks in no small part to heartbrand. Just don't be a dweeb and people will treat you right, despite what you read on the forums and ooc.

Have fun and see ya around.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 02-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tradesonread is just being a little dismal with every right to be.

Have fun and see ya around.
Its been a long time since i ran across an english sentence i didnt understand. Is this proper english?

I might get some of the PnP wrong but take a look at this quote taken from the PnP post up top:

"Please note that this means that kill stealing is still against the rules on Project 1999 Red. If you wish to steal someones kill, it is recommended you kill the player first and then kill their mob."

Just look at it.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Yeah, if you're out of range of someone, don't steal their kill. Not sure why that's a problem.

Or did you think "Project 1999: PvP" meant "Project 1999: Do whatever the fuck you want!"
Old 02-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, if you're out of range of someone, don't steal their kill. Not sure why that's a problem.

Or did you think "Project 1999: PvP" meant "Project 1999: Do whatever the fuck you want!"
I thought it meant "As close to classic as we possibly can" but clearly i was mistaken. Deru be honest, how old were you when Rallos went live? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On rallos, you might have said "Hey some OOR dick is following me around stealing my kills" in ooc and then some anti-pk would log in an alt and deal with it. Thats a little thing people like to call a sandbox.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 02-11-2014 at 09:32 PM..
Closed Thread