Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Was a Dark Elf Wizard on live. Bankers are on merchant faction. It's a waste of time unless you're a sneak class (for an Iksar Monk, was actually worthwhile when Gfay was a commerce hub)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

Trust nothing you read until aalderon responds
Old 12-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trust nothing you read until aalderon responds
Agreed. If you kill orcs, that will destroy certain DE factions, so... Just wait till the Master of Factions sets you straight with proper info. Aalderon ftw!
Old 12-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

If you're attempting to get the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk snare necklace, careful as part of the quest involves a turn in by DE warriors which you will be KOS to after killing in Crushbone. Got ganked once on my Troll doing the quest after I killed in CB for a few levels.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. If you kill orcs, that will destroy certain DE factions, so... Just wait till the Master of Factions sets you straight with proper info. Aalderon ftw!
I can personally say beyond a doubt that killing in Crushbone only kills your Indigo Brotherhood faction (Warriors Guild). If you do not turn in belts, then the only place you have to avoid is the warriors guild in Neriak, and that's actually easy.

Helping you get on Project99 since yesterday.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:50 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bankers will screw you. The kelethin banker in particular is extremely difficult to grind faction with.

Guard factions are way easier, effectively just go into CB and keep killing orcs.
troll sk (pre velious XP) from 9-12 got dubious with kelethin guards only not vendors via CB

can't imagine the grind to get friendly like that
Old 12-07-2016, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

No, you cannot raise all of the factions in both cities. You can raise your faction with everyone in Felwithe but there are two factions in Kelethin that you will always be KOS to. If you're interested in doing whatever you can...

Kelethin

Emerald Warriors
Soldiers of Tunare
Faydark's Champions
Kelethin Merchants
Songweavers
Tunare's Scouts

Felwithe

Clerics of Tunare
Keepers of the Art*
Anti-Mage**
Merchants of Felwithe

Songweavers and Tunare's Scouts (Kelethin Bards/Rogues) cannot be raised except through quests to the guildmasters who you are KOS to. Wolf form only removes your race modifier and your Innoruuk mod will have you too low for them to accept turn-ins even if you are no longer KOS.

*Keepers of the Art, the Felwithe casters, will require you to kill Kizdean Gix in the Commonlands THOUSANDS of times which will destroy your faction with The Dead (Neriak Necro/SK guild) and Queen Cristanos Thex. There are ways to repair them, but you'll need to be strong enough to kill Dragoon Szorn in Lesser Faydark or have someone do it for you consistently while you tag him. He spawns every hour but gives +75/+100 to The Dead/Queen and -100 to King Naythox Thex. You can repair King by turning in hundreds and hundreds of Grass Woven Necklaces from halflings in Nektulos to your GM. Only Dragoon Szorn is on this faction.

Soldiers of Tunare, Faydark's Champions and Clerics of Tunare (Druids, Rangers, Clerics) are extremely easy to raise -- just invis past Pandos or be high enough for him not to attack you -- and turn in many, many WHITE wines to Lady Shae. She should be non-KOS, accept them without any prerequisites and they give the same hits as Muffins for Pandos. This will destroy Crushbone Orcs, however.

Emerald Warriors (Kelethin Warriors/Guards) are best raised by killing the Aqua Goblins in Butcherblock Mountains near the coast - NOT by killing Crushbone Orcs. Aqua Goblins will raise Emerald Warriors, Gem Choppers (Ak'Anon Warriors) and Storm Guard (Kaladim Warriors/Guard). They do not lower Indigo Brotherhood and Riptide Goblins are a KOS faction that cannot be raised anyway so there's no loss here.

Anti-Mage can be raised by turning in Bone Chips in Felwithe to the cleric GM once you have done enough White Wine. Currently there doesn't seem to be anyone on this faction but it is supposed to be the Paladin's Guild (they're all on Clerics of Tunare currently). I've been researching this and it seems that at one time not only the Paladin's guild but all of the Felwithe Guards were on this faction too... which makes sense seeing as they are pallies. At some point they were moved over to Emerald Warriors as they currently are on live. The original Alla entries still show Anti-Mage/Clerics of Tunare/King Tearis Thex as the hits for high elf guards instead of the copy-pasted hits we have now from wood elf guards. This could be fixed in the future making Anti-Mage crucial to being non-KOS in Felwithe.

Merchants of Felwithe/Kelethin Merchants are raised 'easiest' by farming shark meats. You will need a LOT of shark meat. It took me 2 weeks of farming in Erudin harbor to max my factions and I started at I believe amiable. The turn in NPC is at the Emerald Warriors guild and is on their faction... so you do this after aqua goblins.
Last edited by Aalderon Crystafire; 12-07-2016 at 03:33 AM..
Old 12-07-2016, 07:30 AM
Kobold

Well. Now that I have this... the only thing left is to get started! Thanks, much appreciated.

Helping you get on Project99 since yesterday.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfullard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I know which one you're talking about. I tried for the longest to figure her faction out and it's honestly a lost cause. None of the ones she is listed for actually raise her faction and I have even tried turning in hatchets while in wolf form and nothing works.
This is a bug, I will report it so we can have it corrected. Ran Sunfire should be Faydark's Champions (she is a Ranger GM after all) but she must be on another faction seeing as I am currently scowls to them yet she cons indifferently to me.
Closed Thread