Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Default Box Winnars

EQ classic PVP attracts a specific kind of player, even if it varies. It takes someone with thicker skin, a willingness to learn and deal with harsher consequences than most games. This is why I think the best Pantheon guild will be comprised mostly of EQ classic PVP legends. So this question is for Empire, or any other guild who felt like they won the box: what are the most important things to be the best PVP guild? I'll start with one of them.

1. A willingness to poopsock. Because someone who plays 24/7 will progress or have an advantage over someone who doesn't, usually. Or someone who simply cares the most about being the best. I wasn't one of them on this server because that kind of motivation left when I sold my TBC character during the glory days of BG9 in Wow. But Pantheon may be different.

So what else do you think? Organization, numbers, knowledgeable and smart leaders, strong focus on raiding and gearing? Serious question even though some troll retards will probably still reply.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:37 PM
Banned

1) One level headed intelligent leader who demands respect and has an unhealthy amount of playtime.

2) A bunch of loyal goons with high play time that won't question the leader and bully players that go against the leader.

3) Numbers
Old 08-22-2017, 06:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) One level headed intelligent leader who demands respect and has an unhealthy amount of playtime.

2) A bunch of loyal goons with high play time that won't question the leader and bully players that go against the leader.

3) Numbers
Yeah I could have probably answered my own question, just wanted to see what you guys thought. And thanks for a legit comment.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:39 AM
Kobold

Play time will always be the #1 factor, but the box is a small microcosm of what will happen on pantheon. Empire, even if it fields 80 to 100 players may find itself dwarfed in comparison to guilds that will probably field 200+. Also it will majorly depend on how the server is policed. The stuff that we did on the box probably won't fly so the training and grieving and general Douchebag attitude/playstyle might leave you blacklisted and never advancing like it did on VZ/TZ/rallos. Now if they go Sullon Zek style the box crew will reign supreme.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

retarded question
Old 08-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Banned

What guild is empire?
Old 08-22-2017, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

3) Numbers
pretty much it
Old 08-22-2017, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Gotta have strong Innoruuk RP for success on an eq pvp server.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

3) Numbers
Empire™
Old 08-22-2017, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Apparently an officer council that splits 4:4 between dyed-in-the-wool hardcore poopsockers stuck on the box since its reception and sociable normies who do it for the love of pvp doesnt float

because the normies burn out and the lifers cant bury their grievances and self-destruct over ego and pixels

gotta do it like Empire/Holo: 1 leader (raid sheduling, loot calls, greenlights/denies apps), 2-3 group of loyalists (split into 1 group of officers, 2 groups of footmen) who get all the good stuff....and the rest is just tag along meat shields
Closed Thread