Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Banned

Things like this are great stickies. More outlines of grey areas leads to quicker and simpler enforcement and probably less rule lawyering when things are directly stated.

GJ!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember: The burden of proof for violation of rules is on YOU. Don't petition with no proof of being trained and demand that the staff "check the logs".
For those of us that don't run FRAPS 24/7, how exactly are we to do provide the proof of being trained? Do we have to get the offender to admit to the crime and then /report? That was how it typically was handled on our server on Live. Of course, the result was that people would just train the shit out of each other and stay silent. About the only way they'd get caught is if the GM was sitting there watching. If this becomes the norm here on P99, except to get a lot of tells anytime someone thinks they're about to get trained.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Thank you!
Sticky please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Test Server : Tanulie
Old 01-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Triggered spawns:
Whoever hands their items into the ragefire human has triggered the encounter and their guild/raid force would receive the right to go first in that instance.

This rule would apply as well:

The hand in of the quest item triggers the initial mob and his death triggers the dragon. Both mobs belong to that force for 1 attempt or 20 minutes.

All other server rules STILL apply. Ninja looting is not tolerated, neither is training each other etc. Use common sense and don't be a jerk. Strive for the least GM involvement possible and try to work things out on your own. Remember: The burden of proof for violation of rules is on YOU. Don't petition with no proof of being trained and demand that the staff "check the logs".

I'm just going to throw this out there. Sometimes at the most random point in some raids the server has a tendency to make people lag out, or crash while zoning or whatever. We've seen it happen a good handful of times where you've had to help res people. Not to mention just sometimes,some how a train happens and wipes people. You or others aren't always around to watch this happen.

Ragefire is one of those that is a huge time sink and has way much more to do than killing 1 mob for him to spawn, there should be a special rule for him alone. I think the possibility of raid interference will rise if Ragefire would be allowed to be killed by a guild who didn't spawn him.

I think either allowing the person who handed in the pearl 2 tries to kill him, or just straight up allow the cleric/guild the chance to kill him how ever many times. I personally won't attack him at all if another guild failed, that's just too much work to only have 1 shot, regardless of the reasons why a raid may fail on him.

Because what happens if the log in server acts up again and drops people and they can't log back in for the fight? That guild will loose key members for the fight and good chance to lose it. Or a train happens as I'm 100% sure will happen since it happens at every other raid encounter. You guys aren't always there to see this. If you take this step by making it so the cleric guild or friends the only ones to kill him, the hassle of petitions, training,ksing, won't happen. Allowing that window open to do so, will allow it.

Of course someone may like to be funny and just spawn him and leave him up and claim he can't be killed just to grief people. Highly unlikely this would happen, but seems some people on this server would do such a thing. Then if that happens that could be an issue until a petition can be worked out. I would rather take that issue, over training, or killing someone else's ragefire and have it be delt with.

I'm not saying this for any guild, I'm saying it for the sanity of clerics on the entire server.
Last edited by Rais; 01-13-2012 at 01:06 PM..
Old 01-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

The only thing that's silly here are on timed epic mobs with a very long respawn. The rules encourage poopsocking.

If you know Mob X is going to spawn at 4:53 PM on Friday, getting you and two groups of friends to sit there for 12 hours before-hand is just...silly.

I'm not saying I know the solution, since "be adults about it and don't whine that because you can poop-sock harder that you're more entitled" will never happen, just saying there's room for improvement. I hate needing even the rules we have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:03 PM
The Protector of Sunder

I think you should add the line "In general don't be dickheads."
Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Because everyone follows the "don't be dickheads" clause.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

While its a bit disappointing that something like this had to be written up, thank you so much for the time and effort spent to clarify the rules for the sanity of everyone involved!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-13-2012, 01:13 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Personally I think the GMs are way too lenient here. People, in all guilds, bitch and lawyer way too much at the expense of simply being level headed and fair with other players.

I get that raid mobs are contested and people are looking for a leg up but ANY epic mob should follow PnP. Putting 20 minutes on Ragefire? Way to screw all but 2 or 3 guilds out of cleric epics. Other camps have had lists that certain players just roll up and say "Your list doesn't count", it's fucking stupid and those guys should get suspended for disrupting the few instances of cohesiveness you see on this server.

The GMs should stop worrying about "being fair" because people are going to bitch no matter what. So why not cater to the, mostly, easy going masses on this server instead of letting the few dickheads who ruin things for others run rampant under rules that have been picked apart more than actual legal contracts?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

I agree the 20 min rule is a silly WRT to ragefire. I know i for one will never touch a ragefire spawned by somone outside my raid without specific permision.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Closed Thread