Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 06:02 AM
Kobold

Default Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Ok, going to admit this right off the bat. I have never played this game. But I have had friends and colleagues suggest it to me that it has prompted me to get it.

Now my question is which "version" do I play? Do I play it stock as the software comes, do I get the fixes for the game made by fans and play it that way or do I get the super crazy "unofficial patch" that, I have heard, only shares elements with the original game?

Not sure what to expect but would appreciate any feedback on the subject, thanks guys
Old 11-26-2014, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

I think the crazy unofficial patch you are talking about is Final Nights.
I just got the regular updates/models/camarilla edition. Whichever you decide; hope you like it!
It is by far my favorite game of all time. Which is surprising cause it knocked down Blood Omen Legacy of Kain for PS1.
Now if I could just find some people to play the tabletop with since there will be no MMO of it.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxHound [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the crazy unofficial patch you are talking about is Final Nights.
I just got the regular updates/models/camarilla edition. Whichever you decide; hope you like it!
It is by far my favorite game of all time. Which is surprising cause it knocked down Blood Omen Legacy of Kain for PS1.
Now if I could just find some people to play the tabletop with since there will be no MMO of it.
I have never played the tabletop version but if you're anywhere near North Co I know 3 others that I play tabletops with(3.5, Pathfinder, Rifts, 40k)

Going to look into it and probably start it up once our next few campaigns are done with
Old 11-26-2014, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah the whitewolf/WoD games are bit different I hear, but I am excited to try.
I've played 3.5, and Pathfinder (I liked Pathfinder much better). I have watched Shadowrun, but have never played it.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seredoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, going to admit this right off the bat. I have never played this game. But I have had friends and colleagues suggest it to me that it has prompted me to get it.

Now my question is which "version" do I play? Do I play it stock as the software comes, do I get the fixes for the game made by fans and play it that way or do I get the super crazy "unofficial patch" that, I have heard, only shares elements with the original game?

Not sure what to expect but would appreciate any feedback on the subject, thanks guys
Unofficial patch fixes a lot of bugs and issues with the game, and a quest or two that was broken. Definitely go with it.

Also very enjoyable game. I loved going through as malkavian.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Malk might be hard your first time.
My favorites are Toreador and Ventrue.
Toreador at heart for sure.
Last edited by FoxxHound; 11-27-2014 at 10:58 AM..
Old 11-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unofficial patch fixes a lot of bugs and issues with the game, and a quest or two that was broken. Definitely go with it.

Also very enjoyable game. I loved going through as malkavian.
Yeah, i think you can do basic on the unofficial patch and it only does fixes and minimal restored content. I don't think I could even get the Steam version running on my system without the unofficial patch.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:47 AM
Orc

I played with unofficial patch on and it was one of the best game experiences I've ever had. Pretty sure it fixes balance and bug issues so it's recommended to have, and you have the option to turn off the extra quests if you want.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

is it worth playing through again if you've played this years ago from the normal retail version?

also do I need to install that version again and then patch I assume?

also best place to get the patch?
Old 11-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Is there a version of this game where nerds actually go creeping around in the world pretending to be vampires in the middle of the night?

I watched some crime show on Discovery ID a week or two ago (can't remember the name of it) but I am pretty sure some kid got killed and these vampire nerds playing this game were possible suspects.

I wasn't paying close attention because I often watch tv and read a book at the same time but I'm pretty sure this was the name of the game they were playing.
Closed Thread