Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this. Last time a successful GM event went down the grandmaster logged in and went from level 1 noob to the best 60 on the server and has been slaying nerds ever since.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember telling him I wouldn't be allowing anyone in the zone and that we also would not engage his GM mob. He threatened to ban me.
Threatened to ban you? That's not very imaginative for someone in charge of a custom event. He shoulda ran the event and had his mob chase down, kill, and corpse camp you in a RP-PVP event, and then handed out goodies to everyone who assisted in the process.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Banned

They're emulating classic bro.

Would find a GM on original RZ once in a blue moon; also were far less GM events than blue servers.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Now that I think about it, nothing is more r99 than shitting up a GM event so badly that a staff member instantly develops stage 3 asbergers and is removed from the project shortly after.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Banned

**uncontrolable laughter ensues**

jk

cringing
Old 07-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

guys didn't get memo? velious launch = servers wipe and classic timeline to velious.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Hmm chronoburn you bring up a good point, how can this server be really classic if there are no gm events giving out those sorts of items here? I'd say maybe nix oakywynd just for balance issues in pvp but if we really want to be classic we should give out some of these classic gm event items in old gym event style. The code for the items is here and they can granted by the staff, I think it would be great to see people winning one per server events like that. I don't remember what the ranger did to win that bp, do you remember?
Old 07-20-2015, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't think anyone after me has really understood the value of regular GM events.
Don't think any single GM after you has the power and access to run GM events the way you did.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't think anyone after me has really understood the value of regular GM events.
Man I'll never forget the GM event you threw in Qeynos hills for people under level 30 or so. Literally the funnest shit ever.

GMs are literally confined to CSR and answering petitions now and nothing else. It sucks.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Banned

my favorite hack is when i just push Q on my keyboard and it procs a tstaff effect.
Closed Thread