Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a better question would be why in the hell you seem to think he's going to do that or if that's even a thought going through his head?

Foggy situation is foggy. It's one thing to say don't trade live accounts because it deals with sony, and this being p99 and considering the nature of the way p99 works that's perfectly understandable. But saying don't trade EQ live accounts because it implies RMT behavior is a bigger stretch.
....what? Where did I say or imply I thought he was participating in RMT behavior? I was responding to his post where he asked WHY trading live accounts is not allowed, and I was answering him. The fact that they deal with Sony is NOT why it isn't allowed (but it sure doesn't help.) That is easily confirmed by the fact you can't trade stuff on p99 for WoW accounts or Rift accounts or other accounts in no way associated with Sony.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

I'm saying it's a weaker argument. Not disagreeing with you, but saying your argument is weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A live EQ (or most any MMO) account is easily converted to cash, and there are websites that specialize in doing so.
i suppose you can say you implied it by the fact that it's easy and therefore should be banned. Either way, weak argument is weak.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm saying it's a weaker argument. Not disagreeing with you, but saying your argument is weak.

i suppose you can say you implied it by the fact that it's easy and therefore should be banned. Either way, weak argument is weak.
...what are you even talking about? The dude asked why he can't trade a live account for a p99 account, so I told him why they have that policy. I made absolutely no claim about how it should or shouldn't be, just how it is. If you're trying to debate how things should be, you're barking up the wrong tree, because I'm not interested in that debate at all.

If they allowed people to trade live accounts for p99 accounts, then they would be allowing an easy avenue for people to convert their p99 stuff into cash. Converting your p99 stuff to cash = big no-no. It's just that simple.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

Someone should probably mention the fact that an EQ Live account requires a subscription, which has RL money value. I can't say for certain, but I believe you'd be allowed to trade an account from another free server or an account on this one. The point is that an EQ Live account is worth the cost of the subscription, multiplied by the amount of time it took to develop the characters on that account. For a level 90 character with 3k AAs, most flags, and raid gear, that's hundreds of dollars.

The cost of developing a level 60 char with BiS gear on p99 is $0.00. Hence, RMT.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

you still cant trade him, can only trade stuff of THIS servers worth, this server