Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using "This is a 12 year old game" as an argument for anything. Who cares how old the game is? Why does the age matter? Someone give me one good reason why the age of the game matters in any argument.
Hey bro chill out this is a 12 year old game. No need to get all ragin on the forums about it jeez.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

CAN'T STOP

no but srs I was the original forum ranter on this topic. I FEEL YOUR PAIN! No one ever says bro calm down it's chess it's not like it was invented within the past 6 months
Old 09-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

I wasn't raging, I was genuinely curious of the idiocy that people spew out of their faces.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't raging, I was genuinely curious of the idiocy that people spew out of their faces.
You didn't know what it meant and several people explained why it makes perfect sense to use it as a descriptor. You seem upset.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetrium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't know what it meant and several people explained why it makes perfect sense to use it as a descriptor. You seem upset.
You are mistaken, I never once asked what it meant. I asked why people would add something so stupid, to an already stupid statement/argument.

I'm not upset, I never gave the appearance of being upset. Unless you are automatically upset when you ask several questions in a row. If so, I am so mad bro.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

it is a flaw of logic to infer that I implied you were raging. all I said is I was the original forum ranter of the topic
Old 09-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

It is a game old or not, but it is what I, and many others like to do when they have free time. If cheaters had no bearing on things like, a player based economy etc in this game, it would not matter what they did but they do and it does. Regardless of what you as an individual choose to spend your free time doing, most of us want to enjoy ourselves while doing it yes?

Trainers, Griefers, Cheaters and the like, bring down the fun factor for people plain and simple. The draw of this 12 year old game is its difficulty and the fact that if you want it, you need to put the time in to get it mentality. I've tried many many games and I still come back to this one, it is unique and it is special to me.

Anything anyone else says about it obviously enjoys harshing on people from time to time. Playing it down, making fun of it and those that play it, what is that accomplishing? Does it make you feel good about yourself? Well maybe it does...and that's sad.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Kobold

To all the Sith Lords out there who think cheating is cheating and a game is a game: Is cheating against your 12 year old son at Scrabble any different than cheating at P99?

If you answer yes then it's obvious the fact the game is 12 years old and played on a niche corner of the internet means something.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Anything you potentially do more hours a week than you spend at work is far beyond 'just a game', especially when there's other people involved. Anyone who says EQ is just a game is usually pretty bad at it and no one likes them.