Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>makes a thread about how RMT works
>doesn't want the insight of someone who actually has been involved in it
i bet you frequent /r9k/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this got missed. Everyone needs to read this.
it didn't. we did.

still don't care.
Last edited by Breeziyo; 07-25-2013 at 02:35 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
shut the fuck up. youve posted the same logs in multiple threads. we still dont care
Old 07-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shut the fuck up. youve posted the same logs in multiple threads. we still dont care
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I read it. It sounds like you gave Ephi information and got made that he had not banned people 1-day later. This was 10 days ago. What has come of it?

Give us names!

P.S. Ephi sounds pretty friendly and reasonable, and you sperged out on him. Not exactly a good mark on your personality resume.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Your giant ass copy and paste didn't get missed. 75% of the people in this thread have you on ignore. No one gives a shit what you say, because you're an attention whore who has proven that all you want is your shitty little account unbanned.

Quote:
[15:13] <Systolic> The problem is that I cant definitely link anything
This is all that we see, and it's all that matters. Shut the fuck up and go away.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

if you dont like chasing your corpses you can go play WoW
Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

If you don't understand RMT you have too much free time, honestly.

As a 15 year old kid I caught onto play buying/selling and acct buying/selling on Live. The market for platinum was so fluid that if you had a Legends server account you could buy plat on one server, switch it to a new account, and sell back to major plat buyers to make a couple cents on the dollar. Actually use PA and you're making 10-30%.

When I played WoW after I got my first job (hence no more time) I paid a company 100 bucks to level a priest to 60 for me on a new server. I wanted to play a priest, didn't have the time to level it myself, and the 100 bucks equated to 2 hours of my work life. Is it worth 2 hours to be able to play a character with my friends? Absolutely.

You can twist it pretty easily to not be 'cheating'. It is no different from micro-transactions (pay to win) and even the RMT AH in D3 (which sucked btw).

When it comes down to it you have a bunch of people in their late 20s and early 30s through 40s that play on this server that played EQ back in its classic era. You can bet there are atleast a couple hundred of people here who have well paying jobs. You can also bet there are at least a couple hundred people here that want to play a top level toon, or a well-geared toon, but don't have enough consecutive hours to do the grind. It took me like 5 months to get my enchanter to 60. I enjoy leveling, however, and not the end game - so there was no draw for pay-to-win for me. If I had been motivated by killing Trakonan, then I can totally see a world where I purchase PP.

honestly the only thing these guys need to really worry about is paying taxes. They ARE making money so they better report their ill-gotten gains to the IRS.

The answer to this problem is technological. Like the war on drugs, you can't stop a service that people want. People who play here obviously want the ability to buy PP. The problem now is that it's being duplicated and illegitimately gotten. This is a technical issue that needs to be addressed by the staff.

Telling people 'stop RMT'ing' won't fix the issue. Trying to shut them down won't fix the issue. Fix server stability issues (the dupe), implement a better detection method (I can help with this, if you like).

So far I haven't seen too much of an official response. To be honest last night was the third night in a row that me and my wife logged on only to log off 20 minutes later because of deaths due to lag. I won't be spending much more time here.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwaukee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is all that we see, and it's all that matters. Shut the fuck up and go away.
This was only with regard to one allegation. I have the GMs lots of hard proof, as the conversation says if you read the whole thing,
Old 07-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't be spending much more time here.
Maybe you can play monopoly. Be sure to bring a bag full of nickels!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you can play monopoly. Be sure to bring a bag full of nickels!
If monopoly took months to play and had high levels perma camping boardwalk and park place....

I'd bring a bag of nickels.

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Closed Thread