Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:03 PM
Aviak

Question Rules Regarding Mobs like Quillmane

Hey yall,

New again to EQ and am curious of camping methods of Quillmane and rules regarding killing said mob.

I have been camping Quillmane for over an hour, sending an OOC stating my purpose of hunting said mob every five minutes and I am guild less, without a tracker, and a magician (getting cloak for my epic piece).

What safety net, if any, is there for someone like me to farm Quillimane? I camp and kill PH, Quillmane pawns, and people snipe it from me.

Is it considered a FFA mob? And is sniping allowed, but just not looked well upon?

Thanks,

Burdoc, level 30 magician, Blue server
Old 01-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Aviak

I believe it is FTE with no sniping.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Aviak

What is FTE?
Old 01-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

First To Engage (whoever agroes it first gets it).

Honestly, it's going to be very challenging for you to get a cloak without friends, for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I'd really recommend getting some friends to come with you, because then you can have one person on each placeholder and then one waiting to Quill when she spawns.

If you don't have in-game friends then maybe join a guild; I know my guild (Anonymous) was doing Quill for people the other day, and they got several people their cloaks.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-21-2015 at 06:28 PM..
Old 01-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

first to engage
Old 01-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

I think you would have a tough time doing QM as a solo mage. If possible I would suggest waiting until you can get some friends to sit on the spawn points while you kill the PHs.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Whoever aggros it gets it on this server. The person spawning it is irrelevant.

I would highly suggest against spending your time camping this for a few reasons.

1. At your level it will take a bit to spawn him.
2. Mage epic will require a guild for quite awhile. No reason to get this piece when, for the foreseeable future, you won't be able to get quite a few other epic pieces.
3. This camp blows to do solo. Get 2 other people sitting on spawn points and 1 ranger to run around. It makes this camp go by MUCH faster. The allure of unlimited levitate clicky will maintain through the servers life. There will always be people interested in camping Quill for cloaks.

The way you're doing it you're just setting yourself up for frustration.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdoc101 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been camping Quillmane for over an hour, sending an OOC stating my purpose of hunting said mob every five minutes and I am guild less, without a tracker, and a magician (getting cloak for my epic piece).
You're gonna have a bad time unless you are the luckiest person in Norrath. You won't even know if people kill the QM you spawn, or if you are even killing the place holder.

Come back with 3 other friends and position each of them at a spawn point, while the fourth one tracks/hunts and kills the place holders.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the quick responses yall and the helpful tips. I will try one more day, hopefully good will and courtesy trumps the desire :P
Old 01-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdoc101 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am guild less, without a tracker
You are in for a long haul and better pray for luck without a tracker or a buddy.

There's a couple ways to do Quill fast, like the MQ sellers do. But theres only 1 way to do Quillmane effectively.

You must have at least 1 person stationed at one of 4 Quillmane spawning locations. 1 other person simply traverses the zone and kills lionesses and elephant calfs.

Without at least 1 spawn point claimed and no tracker... I mean you're killing PHs with a chance of Quill spawning and you not even knowing about it. I'm unsure how you'd even pull this off other than pure luck.

Quills spawning locs arent even on the beaten path of the majority of the possible PHs in the zone.
Closed Thread