Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > Library

Old 06-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Orc

Seems this thread has been dead a while.
Well, anyway, I am new to P99. Just registered last night. I've been searching high and low (mostly low) for ways to get this baby to work for me (and have searched the forums as well).
I downloaded a fresh install of EQ Titanium Edition as per instruction.
I downloaded the EQemu launcher.
I checked and double checked my files to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be.
But I am still having difficulty logging in.
Maybe it's because I don't seem to be able to locate a eqhost.txt file anywhere on my computer.
I might have a unique situation. I have a folder on my desktop called EQEMU where I have the EQemu launcher downloaded, but the actual EQ game is in a folder in my public files under "Sony Online Entertainment/Installed games/EverQuest". See, I used to play on Fippy Darkpaw a year ago, and still had the game downloaded. I uninstalled and reinstalled, of course, but I'm back to where I started, as far as my files go. It wouldn't let me put it into the EQEMU folder. So, I said, have it your way, Everquest!

Could having two different folders be causing my problem? Yeah, that's a newb question to some of the more experienced players out there. But curiosity begs me to ask.

Finally, I can get into the launcher and the log in screen just fine. When I enter my loginserver account name and password it says, "Please Wait... Loading game..." ad-infinitum. Forever, and ever and ever... never logs in. Again, I have to surmise that there being no eqhost.txt file ANYWHERE may be causing some of my problems. Any ideas?
Yeah, I know that's a lot, but I am in desperate need of help here. I've got some serious problems.
I hope I can figure it out or someone here can help. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Shawnleroy27; 06-16-2013 at 10:25 PM..
Old 06-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Orc

BOOM! I think I figured it out.
I had to create the eqhost.txt file myself. Not sure if that is normal, or not. Seems to be working now. If I have any other technical questions, I'll be sure to ask. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Feel free to use my stupidity to help improve the FAQ and make it idiot proof.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:26 AM
Kobold

All the links for the wiki and good info appear to be broken, is the wiki no longer being supported?
Old 08-25-2013, 04:33 AM
Banned

i think the wiki is down
Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Large Bat

I can't get the game to work. I used to play p1999 2 years ago and now I think the getting started guide is broken. I cant find it anywhere. any ideas? the game is still installed, I just need to get it working again.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Fire Giant

I just used Duxa's installer, worked like a charm. Try it out and let us know how it goes.

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 10-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumzuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys,

the eqemulauncher is currently down, i deactivated it due to the constant DDoS attacks that really piss me off. I will come up with a solution soon, but for now, p99 players will have to update manually. Most other servers are using the new beta version of the launcher, which will continue to work just fine...

I'm sorry that you guys have to "pay" for the scriptkiddies fault.

To keep up to date what happens, you may want to like the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eqemulauncher

Greetings,
Moe

PS: You can start EverQuest manually with rightclicking the launcher and click Start EverQuest
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swear sometimes the EQEmuLauncher is more trouble than its worth. And I can't believe all the information regarding setting up P99 without the Launcher has been removed...

Here goes:
1) Default install of EQ: Titanium (other clients will NOT work). Copy/pasting the EQ folder from another install works just fine here. (For consistency, I'm going to assume you installed EQ to C:\Everquest so that the eqgame.exe path is C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe.)
2) Right-click on the eqgame.exe icon within your everquest folder, select Create Shortcut.
3) Right-click on the Shortcut to eqgame.exe you created in step (2). Select Properties.
4) In the Properties menu that appears, edit the target line to say "C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme. The quotes are only needed around the destination string if it contains spaces. Select Apply and then OK to close the properties box.
5) Open the C:\Everquest\eqhost.txt file in the text editor of your choice.
6) Delete whatever is in the eqhost.txt file and replace it with the following two lines:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

7) Save and close the eqhost.txt file.
8) Download the latest eqchangesvXX.zip file from the patch notes. As of this post, we are on v30, found . http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv30.zip if this post is out of date, just update "30" with the current number)
9) Extract the eqchangesvXX.zip file into the C:\Everquest directory, overwriting any files it asks for.
10) Within the C:\Everquest directory, delete the following files to allow these updated zones to function properly on P99:
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

11) Log into the server with the account you created at EQEmulator.org.
12) Select Project1999: The Ruins of Kunark from the server list.
13) Enjoy playing on P99.
Last edited by Lyra; 10-17-2013 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: v30
Old 10-24-2014, 02:43 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Hey my brother and myself are coming back to eq after 10 years and we are playing in the same house can we please have an exemption for the ip. so we can play together. thanks.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

You need to make a thread in the petition forum, including both of your account names and your brothers forum name.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:27 AM
Kobold

Default New dsetup.dll file doesnt copy over

The dsetup.dll file just disappears anytime i try copy or extract it to game folder. Its there for a sec then it vanishes.Iv done this a dozen times before not sure what the problem is now. even if i try unzip it to its own folder or just copy the file to either folder it shows up for a second then vanishes ? The original doesn't work for me I get outdated spell files on login, is there anyway to modify the original somehow or is that a complicated process.