Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Kobold

Default Hoshkar Not AEing

Hoshkar in VP is supposed to be the hardest encounter. However, his AE seems to break and not go off at all after the first few attempts on him. I cant explain why as testing on him is rather limited. All I can say is that he starts off AEing properly, wipes a few raids, then stops AEing entirely making him a complete lolfest.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

All of the VP dragons appear to stop AEing after a few attempts/wipes or some combination of FD/losing aggro multiple times.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Kobold

This happened to us today Jan 9 on a 2nd attempt. On the first he ae'd as normal. The pull and kill spot were the same both times.

Yesterday on a first attempt of Hoshkar the AE did not work correctly either, I wasn't running logs but it had to only have been between 0 and 2 times over the course of a 10 minute fight. This same behaviour has occurred on Nagafen in the past when he was killed outside of the lair but yet we have never seen Vox do the same thing.

Hoshkar also had 2 pets out at a time on one of our attempts, 1 of which remained around the kill location and did not path back with him or cause him to engage us while we logged people back in and killed it.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Developer

I was under the impression that the spellcasting was breaking entirely in these circumstances. You're saying that it's just happening very infrequently?
Old 01-10-2012, 02:57 AM
Kobold

The dragon charm continues to work even though the ae may not so I guess the answer to that would be no, however, I don't think any dragon on p99 is casting spells of their class offensively on players aside from their AEs at any time. They buff themselves, summon a pet, heal themselves if they have that ability, proc weapons/abilities, and ae though. Hoshkar was also procing his weapons successfully on the tank with a bugged AE if that is of any help.

The AE works as normal most of the time it is pulled. We pull Silverwing to the same location (zone in peninsula) in the same fashion and rarely he decides not to AE as well but the sample size is smaller since he generally dies on the first attempt. I haven't noticed any difference in the way the fight operates (positioning, pull) that is different from working and not working. I believe TMO fights both of these dragons in the same location as well and from Baxters post it sounds like it has broken for them as well.

We have seen it go from bugged AE -> camp out raid, try again -> Working AE on the next pull.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure we've seen Hosh do it and Nexona as well awhile back. I've also noticed Naggy, even mentioned it in another thread somewhere. The VP dragons not AE'n was posted in the VP feedback thread ( i think ) not sure about the naggy post.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Banned

Yeah I've seen both Hosh and Nexona bug the same way. Don't specifically remember any of the others doing it... but they're all ez resists anyways.

PS. Make Nexona resistable with less than 400 FR =(
Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Developer

Fixed a couple of things, pending update. Report back after next patch if there's still issues.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Kobold

Resist checks on Hosh/Nexona are inconsistent to say the least. I've yet to resist a Nexona AE with 270 - 300 FR.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Kobold

I've resisted Nexona and Hoshkar with AEs with barely over 200 FR/DR. This was before the first change to add in dragon charm and the new LoS checks for AEs tho
Closed Thread