Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. You should be able to recover from deep KOS by turning in braids. You'll need charm, faction song, wolf form or something else to bring your faction up high enough to actually do the turnins though.

I am not speaking from personal experience though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I think it was changed so that you don't get faction hits from a quest that you complete with a charmed NPC anymore.

Also, ports are easy to find, you could consider fixing FV faction, you could bother other people for food (summoned food/drink in bags isn't disappearing right now), you could fix cabilis faction enough to use some merchants, etc. Being on good terms in OT is a tiny convenience, but that's all really, definitely a big effort to fix bad faction there unless you can get into VP to tag dragons.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-21-2014 at 09:06 AM..
Old 07-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Fire Giant

Klok G`rshai, the neutral vendor near the WW zone, apparently sells water and iron rations.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Cause just having a VP key doesn't matter if you aren't getting those 6 dragon faction hits every week.
There's low level (5ish?) mobs in the zone that give huge VS faction hits. You don't need dragon kills.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's low level (5ish?) mobs in the zone that give huge VS faction hits. You don't need dragon kills.
Which ones?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure I heard about that being nerfed. Then again I haven't bothered zoning into VP since getting keyed. Getting Class C flagged is low on my to do list.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Only the named VP dragons are exclusive to Class C. Everything else in the zone is free to be killed by anyone.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Kind of assumed that but reading the rules has me curious.

VP dragons are listed as exclusive to Class C. But the "After 6 hours FFA" rule is there too. Which trumps which. IE if shitty Silverwing is up after 6 hours and a Class R guild kills, because it went FFA do they stay R? Or because it's exclusive to C it forces them to C?

Not that any neckbeards would leave precious pixels up for so long... But I'm curious.

Oh yes to the OP, the war braids quest works but you can't charm as stated above, you won't get faction hits while he is charmed. Really the only viable options are to kill dragons (open world and VP count) or go back in time and don't EXP in Karnors. But as stated above, it's not the end of the world. OT merchants all suck cause they are greedy.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Aviak

you realize ALL outpost merchants are greedy? i only use to buy food/water and bank
Old 07-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

help the economy: hammer to ot then buy a port to the magical land of the commons. enjoy the company of fellow players attempting to scam their way into a 5k profit on a fungi tunic. you can also take in a free dose of all the ooc you can take. no extra charge.

go commons.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

I'm guessing that since the "exclusive mobs" is in a section all its own it trumps the 6 hour FFA rule. And if I'm reading the rules correctly, you need to actually be a Class C guild before you can kill a named VP mob.
Closed Thread