Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

Default Ice Burrowers

I recently realised these adorable little stretches of black stomach indeed are unable to summon.

Do they regen too much for the solo kill?

The best reference I could find was on Zam a 58 ranger taking around two hours to kill one with dots and A R R O W S.

Has anyone attempted kiting these solo on p99?
Old 09-24-2017, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

Takes about 20 minutes to kill one aggro kiting with a charmed mastadon on a 60 druid. They're highly resistant, I usually build aggro with snare since it takes 10-15 casts for it to land. Use mastadons as pets since you can cast charm at max range and get it off before they get in melee range, brontos and wolves hit harder but will catch you at max charm range before it gets off.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Agro kiting is the best way to solo... I can't see 0 check magic based quads working. At all. I've had burrowers resist my druid's ensnare 50x before. -100 epic lands reliably, but zero checks absolutely do not.

There's no reason a ranger couldn't solo arrow kite, but it's more of an achievement unlocked type of thing than a good idea. On that note.. think I'm gonna do it. Windstriker or War Bow? Hmm.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Takes about 20 minutes to kill one aggro kiting with a charmed mastadon on a 60 druid. They're highly resistant, I usually build aggro with snare since it takes 10-15 casts for it to land. Use mastadons as pets since you can cast charm at max range and get it off before they get in melee range, brontos and wolves hit harder but will catch you at max charm range before it gets off.
20 minutes! I can do it in 10 but I keep my pet hasted + I use the epic dot for snare And that adds 1-2k more to the damage at least. I agree that mastodons are best for recharming as you say.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:20 AM
Planar Protector

I think you want to use a high delay bow on this one to reduce the tedium of hitting range attack and / or resummoning arrows.

It sounds like for a melee (well, ranger) it is a war of attrition.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

I solo'd one on a bard using nothing but single target dots with no charmed pets to see if it was possible.

It was...not fun. It took at least an hour, maybe longer, like 1/4 of the way through it was so boring I lost track of time. it was resisting at least 4 out of 5 dots even though I was keeping Occlusion on it.

If a bard can do it getting as many resists as I was I'm sure a Ranger could do it eventually if they had enough arrows.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Any ideas what the regen per tick is on these things?
Old 09-25-2017, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any ideas what the regen per tick is on these things?
It's been a while, but I don't think it was that bad. There were long periods, maybe 1-3 mins, where it wasn't dotted at all when it was chain resisting dots. It would tick up like 1% total over that period, iirc.

I remember some shaman stopped killing dragons to watch me. He was probably loling so hard as I did my 1% of damage every 5 minutes it felt like.

I threw in some uber bard melee DPS when it was fleeing so couldn't have been regenning to fast.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20 minutes! I can do it in 10 but I keep my pet hasted + I use the epic dot for snare And that adds 1-2k more to the damage at least. I agree that mastodons are best for recharming as you say.
I don't have an epic, and only throw down a WD 3-4 times during the whole thing. Haven't done it in awhile after I got my robe and pants made though.
Closed Thread