Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

Default Beads soon to enter 200k+ area

While im a firm believer the Manastone is overpriced in auctions lately and will correct hard when they release final patch and announce the timeline is finished,

I am suspecting the beads will be intact and even go 200k+

The reason is, any announcement that the timeline is done with no further updates, will give markets confirmation that beads remain the same effective aggroing pull mechanism forever on p1999 in high demand exp/raid zones.

Such a final announcement should take the beads to the 200k+ area and dont be surprised if you see Beads = Manastone at that point!
Old 09-24-2017, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

This is only speculation by the way. So dont take it as something 100% certain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2017, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

Good hedge against plat inflation
Old 09-24-2017, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Manastone has to be the single most overpriced item in the game.

I have never seen anyone using it regularly. Mostly camped click clerics in MM who stone up some mana after HB'ing their alt's group (mostly for showing off obviously).

The tales of clerics soloing Guk with the stone are tales. It's painfully slow and duoing with a halfway decent enchanter is at least 10x the exp, 20x the fun, and costs nothing.

100% status symbol, an expensive one for sure.

Can someone chime in about actual real world (sic) uses of the stone that don't suck and give an actual advantage? I'd love to use it for something else than just occasionally stare at it and think "LOL it looks pretty".

FWIW on EZ server, everyone had a manastone. It was used to break roots on yourself (DD breaks root even if you nuke yourself). But HP pools there are larger so the 60hp DD is nothing.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

Manastones are junk. Not worth the steam off my piss.
That said i will pay 250k for one right now.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:36 AM
Planar Protector

Subscribing to OPs threads pays off more than subscribing to Financial Times. Good work OP with the market analysis
Old 09-24-2017, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone has to be the single most overpriced item in the game.

I have never seen anyone using it regularly. Mostly camped click clerics in MM who stone up some mana after HB'ing their alt's group (mostly for showing off obviously).

The tales of clerics soloing Guk with the stone are tales. It's painfully slow and duoing with a halfway decent enchanter is at least 10x the exp, 20x the fun, and costs nothing.

100% status symbol, an expensive one for sure.

Can someone chime in about actual real world (sic) uses of the stone that don't suck and give an actual advantage? I'd love to use it for something else than just occasionally stare at it and think "LOL it looks pretty".

FWIW on EZ server, everyone had a manastone. It was used to break roots on yourself (DD breaks root even if you nuke yourself). But HP pools there are larger so the 60hp DD is nothing.
I've seen guild cleric accounts use them to speed up recoveries, especially tag teamed with torpor or cheal, but beyond that it is basically a rolex.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Manastone priceless for druids. AoN actually most overpriced item. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2017, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone priceless for druids. AoN actually most overpriced item. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why I never see druids stoning up at rings or anywhere really? Or what is the use? Honest question.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:52 AM
Fire Giant

I've been here 7 years. Only seen a cleric use one once and it was for what you mentioned Izmael. He was getting mana up to buff people in SolB.
Closed Thread