Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Large Bat

Send a message via AIM to Ridiculous Send a message via MSN to Ridiculous
Default Invalid Username/Password (Even after creating Login Server accounts)

I've just started the process of creating my own EQ Emulated account and whatnot -- I already had a P1999 Account & EQ Emulator forums account prior to actually patching the game in, but I am now having issues with being able to log in with the username/password I provided under the User CP for "Login Server Accounts". I used all three accounts up in case perhaps it was a user error issue with the way I set up each account, but I've tried all three of them beyond several times and keep getting the same error: username/password invalid (each account is different from the other with different username and/or password).

I think** I've done everything right regarding the "Getting Started" information, I followed it step-by-step and am now only having issues being able to log-in. Is this an ongoing issue that I just have to wait out and eventually my log-in will work, or is this a user error on my part where I've neglected to do something right, and if that's the case, what?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridiculous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've just started the process of creating my own EQ Emulated account and whatnot -- I already had a P1999 Account & EQ Emulator forums account prior to actually patching the game in, but I am now having issues with being able to log in with the username/password I provided under the User CP for "Login Server Accounts". I used all three accounts up in case perhaps it was a user error issue with the way I set up each account, but I've tried all three of them beyond several times and keep getting the same error: username/password invalid (each account is different from the other with different username and/or password).

I think** I've done everything right regarding the "Getting Started" information, I followed it step-by-step and am now only having issues being able to log-in. Is this an ongoing issue that I just have to wait out and eventually my log-in will work, or is this a user error on my part where I've neglected to do something right, and if that's the case, what?
You sure you created a shortcut to eqgame.exe and added "patchme" after the location under properties and then ran it off that?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:12 AM
Large Bat

Send a message via AIM to Ridiculous Send a message via MSN to Ridiculous

I just checked a 2nd time to make sure and yes I did, I re-applied it just in case, and still my username/passwords are not working.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Banned

Default Same here

It's doing that same exact thing with mine too. I don't know why, you guys should have this problem fixed.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Large Rat

Same here.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default can't log in

I have tried all three usernames and passwords. The one for eqemulator login server, the ones for the forums of both eqemulator and project1999, none of them work. I get the following error.

DB error=invalid password

yes, I changed the target in the properties of the shortcut I dragged to my desktop.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Old 07-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Skeleton

Try to made a password with 6 characters max that was i got when i made mine
Old 07-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I created my account today, and also experienced the same problem as you guys have here. So, I poked around a bit and found a fix that worked. Once you have created an account on http://www.eqemulator.org/ and have it activated, click on home (top left) and then click on "Loginserver Accounts" under Site Navigation (also top left). Once there, under the options box, click on "Create New LS Account". The login name should be auto filled in for you. Put in the exact same password you used to create the "EqEmulator" account, click save changes, and a message box will appear letting you know that you are know ready to log into the game. Hope this helps you guys. If for some reason it still does not help, I have read that if the password is too long, make it 6 digits or lower. But you will need to do the Login Server Account creation as I have listed here, well at least I did in order to get mine to work, and it did. Thanks.