Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Misery loves company, doesn't it?
Am I allowed to reply to that or do I have to worry about a forum + server ban just for talking to you?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:26 AM
VIP / Contributor

You're always shitting on everything that happens on the server. If you're so unhappy playing here, maybe it's time to move on. Unless, of course, you're happier reminding everyone that you're a perpetual victim.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're always shitting on everything that happens on the server. If you're so unhappy playing here, maybe it's time to move on. Unless, of course, you're happier reminding everyone that you're a perpetual victim.
Nice troll attempt, but I wont be instigated into flaming you so you can get another ban under your belt and feel smug and superior some more.

I have always been in favor of the server and recreating a classic experience, I just disagree with some decisions made along the way. Oops is this the part where you lock the thread because I mentioned a gm decision?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Banned

Pheer don't worry about it bro. Don't give the asshole the satisfaction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] O NOEZ I R BAN MAGIC NOW.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4-5+ months is hardly around the corner, but eh

its not even about the stats of the item, its the fact that is was meant to be an item that you only could have gotten back in the day, a sign of how long youve been with the server

now you just loot pinata'd it out to everyone online that has a melee char near EC

I wouldnt really care at all if it had been other planar drops or items that currently drop on the server, but lustrous and cryo robes?

oh well.
Wow.. I agreed with your sentiment.. Right up to the point where you demonstrated that same "I must be first, and everyone else must know it" shit attitude. If your enjoyment of this game is really defined by being the first to get a later unattainable item simply to lord it over others until they quit.. Then there are really only three suggestions I have for you:

(1) Find a newer game to be first/best at. I don't know, maybe one not 11 years old and emulated for the sake of nostalgia and second chances?
(2) Play on a PVP server where being an overly competitive douche is not only expected but mitigated.
(3) Grow up. Items wont earn you respect if you don't play respectably.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriamjh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow.. I agreed with your sentiment.. Right up to the point where you demonstrated that same "I must be first, and everyone else must know it" shit attitude. If your enjoyment of this game is really defined by being the first to get a later unattainable item simply to lord it over others until they quit.. Then there are really only three suggestions I have for you:

(1) Find a newer game to be first/best at. I don't know, maybe one not 11 years old and emulated for the sake of nostalgia and second chances?
(2) Play on a PVP server where being an overly competitive douche is not only expected but mitigated.
(3) Grow up. Items wont earn you respect if you don't play respectably.
So because I disagree with a set of items that was meant to only drop for a short period of time at the beginning of the server suddenly being given out en masse to anybody able to /loot a corpse in EC (including characters not even high enough to zone into fear) it makes me an overly competitive and elitist douche who doesn't play respectably? How does that make any sense?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So because I disagree with a set of items that was meant to only drop for a short period of time at the beginning of the server suddenly being given out en masse to anybody able to /loot a corpse in EC (including characters not even high enough to zone into fear) it makes me an overly competitive and elitist douche who doesn't play respectably? How does that make any sense?
I wasn't at the event, but that sounds like BS. People shouldn't be able to get Cryo Robes and shit anymore.

I for one thought it was kinda unique that almost all the cryo robes were gone with bans. It's unique that my rogue has Lustrous Sleeves and Bracers. I worked hard for that, and feel like I should be able to be rewarded for my time spent aquiring those items, because, lets be honest, a big part of the game is "how much better geared am I than you?" and looking up at the raiders in their pretty planar armor/weapons.

Sounds kind of stupid to ruin the work we put in when that gear was available, now doesn't it? I'm with Pheer on this one (holy shit, we agree.) and I think Items like that should be reserved for the people who put in the time originally and at the first event or two, not scattered around at any old event.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Fire Giant

2nd post, really fast - I'm sorry that there are so many of you that are probably happy it got brought back for an event, but your probably not some of the elite, and probably wouldn't have gotten the items when they were available (generalizing here, apologize if I nick some of you the wrong way)

Now think about it this way. If you had put in the time to make yourself the best you could be, whats the point when everyone can be the same as you? Sounds wow'ish, doesn't it? and isn't WoW syndrome the reason a lot of us are back here?

If anyone ever got another Oaken Scimmy, I wouldn't be too happy, personally. But you, know, it's whatever. I'll be around here forever, and I support the GM's, just not some of the decisions they have made. Long live p99, by the way.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Kobold

Yeah I'm a bit pissed off myself. I'm a ranger from a raiding guild on this server, it was not easy at all to get my planar armor. And now some lvl 10 ranger could have LR armor? That's a bit too much. It's way better than my planar armor, still better than Kunark armor, most pieces are better than thurgadin armor, and some pieces are still better than kael/skyshrine armor (not joking there).

Now if there was only a few pieces that dropped, or if it was the result of a quest, some roleplaying, or whatever... but just mobs spawning in EC? I don't know how many pieces dropped but it seems like there were not rare at all?

I't s not a big deal and it won't ruin my fun, I'm just a bit pissed off.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
a big part of the game is "how much better geared am I than you?"
Sorry if the event made your e-penis just a tiny bit smaller.
Closed Thread