Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 12:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyeGway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can already swim across ocean zonelines you just have to know where the openings are
I know of the gap in the water between NK and SK, right under the bridge. You are saying there are similar gaps between EFP and OOT, OOT and BB, etc.? That would be awesome if there are...
Old 12-01-2016, 12:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, play another EMU. This one is classic only...well, as well as it can be and the staff do a great job keeping it that way.

But, imo yes quite a few improvements to make an old game more fun to play.
I do play other EMU's from time to time, and frankly they suck compared to p99. That doesn't mean we can't discuss the pros and cons of p99 here on the forums. As I stated at the start of the original post, this wasn't a request to make changes, I am quite aware that they are committed to adhering to the original game and have no intention of customizing things, and I would be disappointed if they deviated from that - they would be no better than the EZ server, Raid Addicts, Hidden Forest, or whatever other lame server if they went down that path.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:12 AM
Fire Giant

If I were to play on a brand new classic P1999 blue server with a progressive timeline, I'd humbly ask for three changes.

1) Hybrid experience penalty lifted from day one. It was a design mistake, the devs admitted as much at the time, and it was NOT a feature of purchasing velious. Everyone playing the game enjoyed the change as a simple patched fix.

2) When certain items became 'legacy' status to no longer drop at certain points (manastone, rubicite armor, etc) - have a completely non classic set of NPC's in different zones that run a gambling game with a tiny (I mean, tiny) chance of winning the removed items along with more commonly obtained prizes to serve as a plat sink for the server, starting with Kunark.

3) Any and all changes the GM's might see fit to implement that would make their jobs easier in dealing with the players on the server, ranging from raid zone / mob mechanics, proper mob hyper-aggro resetting and sharing with other mobs (Kunark style), AoE limits like we currently have, or removing Multi Questing entirely. I'm not necessarily for or against any particular item - I'm just saying the server staff have probably wished a million times over that a particular 'feature' wasn't present, the 'classic experience' be damned.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:37 AM
Sarnak

Project Illusion..
Old 12-01-2016, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Is OP a Necromancer?
Old 12-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know of the gap in the water between NK and SK, right under the bridge. You are saying there are similar gaps between EFP and OOT, OOT and BB, etc.? That would be awesome if there are...
There may be a few spots, but generally speaking you can't. The boats don't zone, they port.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I were to play on a brand new classic P1999 blue server with a progressive timeline, I'd humbly ask for three changes.

1) Hybrid experience penalty lifted from day one. It was a design mistake, the devs admitted as much at the time, and it was NOT a feature of purchasing velious. Everyone playing the game enjoyed the change as a simple patched fix.

2) When certain items became 'legacy' status to no longer drop at certain points (manastone, rubicite armor, etc) - have a completely non classic set of NPC's in different zones that run a gambling game with a tiny (I mean, tiny) chance of winning the removed items along with more commonly obtained prizes to serve as a plat sink for the server, starting with Kunark.

3) Any and all changes the GM's might see fit to implement that would make their jobs easier in dealing with the players on the server, ranging from raid zone / mob mechanics, proper mob hyper-aggro resetting and sharing with other mobs (Kunark style), AoE limits like we currently have, or removing Multi Questing entirely. I'm not necessarily for or against any particular item - I'm just saying the server staff have probably wished a million times over that a particular 'feature' wasn't present, the 'classic experience' be damned.
I sortof like the hybrid penalties. You can choose ezy-mode (for eq anyway) or really fekking hard mode.

I'd like to see similiar in regards to 3. I'd say fix the imba bugs / mistakes they made and make it like they intended. Buying your epic is not epic and a raid full of toons with CH soulfires makes content way to easy.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sortof like the hybrid penalties. You can choose ezy-mode (for eq anyway) or really fekking hard mode.

I'd like to see similiar in regards to 3. I'd say fix the imba bugs / mistakes they made and make it like they intended. Buying your epic is not epic and a raid full of toons with CH soulfires makes content way to easy.
Leveling slower isn't hard it just takes an annoying amount of time. Also hybrids aren't OP or easier to level so the xp penalty is unwarranted.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling slower isn't hard it just takes an annoying amount of time. Also hybrids aren't OP or easier to level so the xp penalty is unwarranted.
Guess it depends on your preference. I like leveling and see it as a challenge not a chore. Also like trying out difficult spots and difficult mobs. I level slow and die a lot.

Some people like going to popular zones with high ZEM and doing the treadmill thing with the aim to level as fast as possible so I can see how they would find penalties annoying.

Neither is bad or incorrect imo. Each to their own.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

I'm in your camp Ikon.

I viewed the XP penalties as a good thing; it meant you got to spend more time playing the character you wanted to level up. Yay!

Perhaps the xp penalties should have only applied to the first 50 levels though...
Closed Thread