Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Orc

Default Monk FD mechanics not classic?

This may be completely wrong, but I was talking to some people and they recall that when monks FD sneaking did not mem/blur the mobs they had aggroed.

I'm not sure if this is correct, do you guys remember sneaking after FD resetting the aggro?
Old 12-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

It's definitely not classic. On P99 you are all but guaranteed an aggro wipe. On live you'd have to sit and wait for quite a long while for mobs to forget about you, and they wouldn't forget until they were all the way back to their spawn point. I'd guess they know about it but just for whatever reason can't get the coding to work right, maybe a titanium client issue.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

On P99, mobs memblur if they lose LoS, but will "remember" their hate if they "see" you again before resetting to their spawn location.

IIRC, on live, mobs had % chances to memblur every tick while you were FD until they reset to their spawn at which point you had a (near?) guaranteed memblur.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On P99, mobs memblur if they lose LoS, but will "remember" their hate if they "see" you again before resetting to their spawn location.

IIRC, on live, mobs had % chances to memblur every tick while you were FD until they reset to their spawn at which point you had a (near?) guaranteed memblur.
What I was talking about is with lvl 40+ mobs you would have to wait til they got back to their original location regardless of whether you started sneaking in FD
Old 12-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I was talking about is with lvl 40+ mobs you would have to wait til they got back to their original location regardless of whether you started sneaking in FD
Yes, at higher levels the memblur chance from FD alone diminishes. Monks can FD then sneak, but if your mobs are still facing your general direction when you stand up (even without LoS) they most likely will return.

I am only speaking of p99 mechanics.
Last edited by Nibblewitz; 12-01-2016 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: clarity
Old 12-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, at higher levels the memblur chance from FD alone diminishes. Monks can FD then sneak, but if your mobs are still facing your general direction when you stand up (even without LoS) they most likely will return.
Right now if I FD let the mobs turn around and press sneak they will not engage and I can tag one of them.

What I am trying to say is, I remember that sneak would under NO circumstance memblur. You would have to wait til one of the mobs was FULLY reset in order to split them. Basically you just needed to desync them until one would reset before the other.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Banned

I'd love to see this get nerfed. I could masturbate for am eternity using Iksar monk tears as lube.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

I was a main puller for a raiding guild on live and I don't remember this ever being a thing.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

The responses so far are aligned with my memory as well. Lead pull (Iksar mnk) for raid content up through Velious on live. I remember a lot of our pulls would be trying to chain tag shit through one another and hoping to get lucky on social/pathing breaks.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Banned

6 years too late

you have any idea how many fungi's have been farmed with monk sneak pull on both servers?

fungi's should be 110k on avg if this was live without current mechanics

same with some dragon pulls

this is not a classic server its a private emu with hand picked classic mechanics
Closed Thread