Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Large Rat

Talking Giving EQ a go!

Hello Norrath! Over the past few months I've been kicking around the idea of really giving EQ a solid go. I'm a newbie that like so many tried the game out years ago. 2002ish, I believe?

Anyways, I rolled a couple toons on the '99 servers here a while back and haven't gotten very far as a solo player. EQs brutal, and I love it.

I rolled an elven cleric named 'Salvidar' that I'm sticking with for now. Life's busy so I'm still trying to figure out what my play times will be. But if anyone wants to befriend an aspiring cleric, feel free to add me!

Currently lvl 7 and loving it!

Edit:

btw my IGN is Salvidar!
Old 03-30-2017, 05:08 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome!

Level 8 is near, don't forget to go to your trainer then and put 1 point into meditate, this changes your experience a LOT. For this reason, level 7 is pretty hard, 8 is way better.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome! Stick with it. Things get progressively more fun as you gain in power and ability.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:29 AM
Kobold

Welcome to the game. Seek Serous or Sanabo should you need help. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-30-2017, 11:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsprobablydrunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello Norrath! Over the past few months I've been kicking around the idea of really giving EQ a solid go. I'm a newbie that like so many tried the game out years ago. 2002ish, I believe?

Anyways, I rolled a couple toons on the '99 servers here a while back and haven't gotten very far as a solo player. EQs brutal, and I love it.

I rolled an elven cleric named 'Salvidar' that I'm sticking with for now. Life's busy so I'm still trying to figure out what my play times will be. But if anyone wants to befriend an aspiring cleric, feel free to add me!

Currently lvl 7 and loving it!

Edit:

btw my IGN is Salvidar!

P99 isn't EQ. its someone's dream of what it was then bastardized with arbitrary rules regarding raiding and toxic people. Try Phinny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Ignore above troll post.

Welcome to EQ. Cleric isn't a very newbie-friendly class. Druid, shaman, paladin, monk, magician and necromancer are often regarded as more newbie-friendly.

As a cleric you'll be highly dependent on company, especially if you have little EQ experience. But that's not necessarily a bad thing - EQ is all about company.

If you look me up in the game and send me a tell, I'll try to help you out with some stuff and advice. Enter "/tell Playername message" to send message to Playername.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:51 PM
Large Rat

Thanks to everyone for all the well-wishing and warnings! I looked through a few guilds and ended up joining one. The people there have been swell and I'm really excited to explore Norrath!

I will probably roll a 2nd character. Something more solo friendly for those slower days. I'm torn between Necro Druid or Bard.

Thanks again and I hope to see you out there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Aviak

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsprobablydrunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks to everyone for all the well-wishing and warnings! I looked through a few guilds and ended up joining one. The people there have been swell and I'm really excited to explore Norrath!

I will probably roll a 2nd character. Something more solo friendly for those slower days. I'm torn between Necro Druid or Bard.

Thanks again and I hope to see you out there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best thing is to experiment. Play a variety of classes to level 20 as it doesn't take long to get there. Read the guides, talk to people. This server / game is amazing.