Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Binky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make a thread about it
I dare not test Rogean bann hammer, that why I'm asking him to make poll..
Old 10-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

If you do fill it in with screenshots of you using them. Not just bullshit that's made up without testing plez
Old 10-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

recharging was illegal. . .
Old 10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

had a gm restore a half dozen or so egg pumices for me once after the server crashed in the middle of charging them, this was shortly before they nerfed charging and they were kind enough to tell me an upcoming patch was going to remove the ability.

like everything in eq whether or not it was illegal was probably up to who you talked to.

either way whether it was illegal or not everybody on a pvp server did it whether for pvp items or pve items, there was at least one guy walking around with a pair of res staffs for a year+ so he could res himself.

leave shit alone and stop trying to dumb down the game because you plan on sitting at level 24 for 2 years and are afraid someone with a consumeable might one day come steal your 3 platinum after taking 5 seconds to kill you instead of the 6 that it may have taken them without their clickers.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

First I did a bunch of CC testing with my man Erage. But we didn't really come up with anything new. I wanted to see if we would get hit the same amount of times with my AOE snare when he had 50 mr and me 100. But it was really different like it should be so no new info to report really. It seems to be working like intended.

Then I gave him some of my awesome wands to actually test the DMG on someone who had a little bit of FR. I just had 11 charges on my wands total so that's all we could test at this time.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can see my resist which isn't even that high and how little damage they did. While you spam these wands you can't even cast spells at the same time and they are AOE which even makes them worse in PVP. If the target runs up to you like I did on him, then he nuke himself for 100% damage while I just get 66%. Also if you're a tool like myself then you will sometimes use them to finish someone off while the player stand near mobs/merchants or whatever and then you'll obviously get aggro and fuck yourself over. (Keep in mind that each nuke with the wand gives a +25 Fire modifier which makes them even worse in PVP)

Personally I use these wands to finish people off when I've done like 2 Ice comets on someone and they got 1-5% hp left and also in PVE for the exact same reason. Sometimes I comet a mob and it starts running at 1-10% and then you spam a charge or two to finish them.

If the developers think they are overpowered then so be it, nerf them. If not then leave them be. I'd test golem wand also but no real reason since we all know what they do and it's unresistable. I have yet to try the root clicker. But I can't even be arsed farming it myself cause I don't rly think its that useful as a caster. It's more an item for melee's.
Last edited by Lovely; 10-29-2011 at 05:11 PM..
Old 10-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
had a gm restore a half dozen or so egg pumices for me once after the server crashed in the middle of charging them, this was shortly before they nerfed charging and they were kind enough to tell me an upcoming patch was going to remove the ability.

like everything in eq whether or not it was illegal was probably up to who you talked to.

either way whether it was illegal or not everybody on a pvp server did it whether for pvp items or pve items, there was at least one guy walking around with a pair of res staffs for a year+ so he could res himself.

leave shit alone and stop trying to dumb down the game because you plan on sitting at level 24 for 2 years and are afraid someone with a consumeable might one day come steal your 3 platinum after taking 5 seconds to kill you instead of the 6 that it may have taken them without their clickers.

very much disagree, they are trying to make classic EQ 2011 and anything that exploits game should be removed, remimber when we started EQ in 1999 noone knew nothing about exploits so game was much more even and fair.If they keep it the same way it was in 1999 it's not fair to the new younger group that just started playing EQ for the first time?I think null and Rogean have played long enough to know what I am talking about.Let not scare off the new group of players over exploits, let try and keep this has balanced has possiable and allow skill to win over exploits.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silikten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
recharging was illegal. . .
Not really sure where you're getting that, recharged golem wands all the time on live.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really sure where you're getting that, recharged golem wands all the time on live.
Yeah, until they fixed it. As with many other things they changed.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First I did a bunch of CC testing with my man Erage. But we didn't really come up with anything new. I wanted to see if we would get hit the same amount of times with my AOE snare when he had 50 mr and me 100. But it was really different like it should be so no new info to report really. It seems to be working like intended.

Then I gave him some of my awesome wands to actually test the DMG on someone who had a little bit of FR. I just had 11 charges on my wands total so that's all we could test at this time.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can see my resist which isn't even that high and how little damage they did. While you spam these wands you can't even cast spells at the same time and they are AOE which even makes them worse in PVP. If the target runs up to you like I did on him, then he nuke himself for 100% damage while I just get 66%. Also if you're a tool like myself then you will sometimes use them to finish someone off while the player stand near mobs/merchants or whatever and then you'll obviously get aggro and fuck yourself over. (Keep in mind that each nuke with the wand gives a +25 Fire modifier which makes them even worse in PVP)

Personally I use these wands to finish people off when I've done like 2 Ice comets on someone and they got 1-5% hp left and also in PVE for the exact same reason. Sometimes I comet a mob and it starts running at 1-10% and then you spam a charge or two to finish them.

If the developers think they are overpowered then so be it, nerf them. If not then leave them be. I'd test golem wand also but no real reason since we all know what they do and it's unresistable. I have yet to try the root clicker. But I can't even be arsed farming it myself cause I don't rly think its that useful as a caster. It's more an item for melee's.
Lovely that good you did this test but why didn't you add Erage gear against yours, It seems he much better geared then you.If you would compare = gear set you would see a difference.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

silikten aka friedchicken was an infamous golem wand recharger on 1.0. maybe even got banned for it I forget
Closed Thread