Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is waiting for a group invite still.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2014, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiecat99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tecmos you are anti social from what I have heard. Lub yah.
Nonsense. It's usually inconvenient and often annoying for me to group with most other people most of the time, so I don't. But I get people randomly sending me tells every day asking questions about enchanters or commenting about videos I've done or something, and I don't ignore them or snap at them for interrupting my solitude. My friends list and guild are full of people who I talk to every time I log on. I routinely take a break from farming in the bottom of a dungeon to wander to a random leveling zone in the world to buff anyone and everyone there.

People like the OP and blonde and boma certainly bring out my unfriendly side though, with their attitude that it is selfish of me to do my own thing while ignoring how selfish it is of them to expect me to change my thing for their benefit just because the game allows us to both be online at the same time. Screw that and screw them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it hard to believe you sent a tell to someone and got flat out ignored saying something like, "Hi there, lv xx xxxxx LFG. Do you guys have any space?" It doesn't hurt to ask. Most of the social aspect of the game happens when you actually get your foot in the door for a group... in group chat. Say gets ignored because people are concentrating on killing things.
That actually does happen.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Fire Giant

To the individual complaining about people who afk to take care of their child(ren), nobody says a word when you afk every 5 minutes to smoke, or take your dog out to shit, or when you're only half paying attention because you're watching war on drugs documentaries on Netflix, or when your mom is screaming at you from the 1st floor.

Or how about the people who "Afk phone" for like 15 minutes. These are all cool with you, as long as you're not afking to give your kid a juice box, apparently
Old 03-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiecat99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I guess we should stay locked up tight in the basement and ignore our kids.

got it.

I think you have it the wrong way around.....you should be upstairs and have the kids chained in the basement. Get your life sorted out man!

[/Irony off]

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that too many people playing Everquest are really really passive / passive aggressive in saying what they think or want. If you want a group invite, be more direct. That way you can get some sort of answer, maybe yes no, and not waste your time.

Source: I am an unfriendly.
Yes because the guy sitting at your camp with LFG floating over his head for the last hour and buffing you, isn't an indication they want to group.

If anyone had a lick of courtesy, they'd /say thanks <--- for the buffs at which point you could strike up a conversation.

It sounds to me like the reality is that most players are incapable of being aware of their surroundings and simply do not notice.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

A 300 lb man doing a strip tease on the corner has every right to expect people to throw dollar bills at him, but might be disappointed if he didn't clear this arrangement up front with them.
Last edited by Cecily; 03-02-2014 at 10:09 AM..
Old 03-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

make it rain
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 03-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

I think the new LFG meta is to run around in circles around the mob you're killing, maybe turn on auto attack and help people, with your tag on obviously.

Take it to the next level if you're a LFG monk, keep feigning death in front of them.

People do that in CoM all the time.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
A 300 lb man doing a strip tease on the corner has every right to expect people to throw dollar bills at him, but might be disappointed if he didn't clear this arrangement up front with them.
Yes clearly via your deranged and abstract analogy, all jerks and simpletons who don't pay attention, are absolved.

Bravo.
Closed Thread