Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Default Where I solo'd 58-60 as a shaman

It seems like everybody on the forums wants to hide their 'super secret 58+ shaman solo spots' and since I'm now 60, I'd like to share my favorite spot, cuz I'm nice and it annoyed me to no end trying to find a good spot.

What I did was I killed this ugly motherless ogre named Jacker. He's in the foreign quarter of Neriak. He's a shadow knight. He's on a 6 minute respawn. He has only ~5000 health. He is blue til 60. There is also a troll named Mrak who can be safely single pulled and he is the lowest health of the other ogres/trolls in the Arena that can be safely single pulled.

Normally, I was able to keep both Jacker and Mrak down if I was fully paying attention and not doing anything else. Most of the time, though, I would just be afk and would pop on every 6 minutes to kill Jacker.

Is this the fastest way to go from 58-60? No.

Other faster methods: HS Ent, imps in solb solo/duo, KC captain/basement solo/duo

The problem with the other methods is that those spots are very often camped and those are also generally 'unsafe to AFK' spots. You have to be paying attention 100% of the time or you can easily die. In neriak, you can safely AFK(once you know the safe spot so the single wandering guard won't aggro you) and in the month or so I spent in Neriak, not one time did I see a single person ever want the camp.

ALSO, there are a bunch of other level 50 ogre/troll warriors in the Arena, but they have a lot of health and I found that monk duoing was just not worth it due to their high health(I got more xp killing Jacker/Mrak), but I'll bet a shm/enc duo would work pretty good.

Another drawback is that your ogre/troll/necroguild faction will get tanked, so this might only be a good option for barbarians... also Jacker barely drops any loot, only some words/runes and none of the ogres/trolls in the Arena ever drop a single thing(not even a copper!)
Old 10-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Orc

Thanks for this. It looks very interesting!

If I can ask, where's the safe spot to AFK at?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Do they drop any money on Blue because they don't on Red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Sarnak

Only Jacker drops a very small amount of coin, while the rest never have a single piece of loot or coin on them.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

I used to do these guys as a mage. There's also a troll SK solo across the way to the left inside the building too but he's a little lower level (think he greens out at high50s). They don't drop much but the low level ogre guard that roams around drops fs/shield that you can sell to the ogre vendor right next to you.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Here is the classic hunting guide. They should be dropping coin but they're not itemized here for some reason.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

There is a ledge i above building 16 and 17 where you can aft for days, did this on my cleric. The camp can be pretty good exp for a manastone / BP cleric as well.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]