Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Default FEAR BROKEN

Fear isnt working as intended. I know allot of people are saying it was never in classic and some (like myself) remember being dominated by this spell.

Here is your proof.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19990607.html

Later on down the road they made AE fear spells not work in pvp. But as it shows there.. single target fear is classic in pvp .
Old 12-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Banned

I'll just chase you around on this one, the pvp damage cap wasn't changed until later in the game and not classic. Bugs and glaring problems shouldn't exist period regardless of time line in my opinion. Because, you're asking them to recreate problematic elements that will cause people to go nuts about them and have known major associated bugs only to remove them shortly thereafter. I disagree with doing so, but in the spirit of recreating a "completely accurate classic timeline" yeah this and other things should have existed at launch that were gamebreaking :P. This would mean going back and spending time on breaking other things. Catch my drift here bro.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

to fix fear doesnt mean you will ruin other gme mechanics. This is like an enchanter not being able to mez people. Currently as it stands this server is a emulated experience of classic p99 pre kunark. I submitted a error with proof like required. I hope that the GMs will take this into concideration on the pvp server, since that is the reason we are here on red... is to pvp.

Also on a side not EVERY fear related post i saw didnt actually provide proof, but rather just a "i remember people getting feared".. Along with other people stating "No way not classic, fear wasnt used in pvp". This thread can put those threads to rest. People were feared in pvp on live. ESPECIALLY at the time period this server is currently emulating. Allow me to QQ more bro
Old 12-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Everyone knows and will not deny that fear was on classic. So was training mobs. This is why fear was removed. Fear does help big time for PvP, especially as one of the classes with it, but it is also a huge cause of grief in dungeons.

Fear will not be put back in, as far as I have heard.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Awesome bug report Kruel....however since fear was not put in the server because of the problems it causes, it isn't actually a bug. Your post here is more of a suggestion of how you would like the game to be. Perhaps making a poll so that you can see just how many people are for or against something like this would of been more along the lines of what you were aiming for?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP Madamm <Happy Little Hug Factory>
Old 12-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

ah i didnt see any GMs comment on knowing fear in pvp was classic, yet ommiting it on purpose for the sake of fighting into mobs and training. Maybe i missed the post if someone is able to link it. Fearing in pvp is classic, i was under the impression that the staff was striving to have a "as close to possible" experience of classic eq. Short of the variance this is all i have seen to be true. So one spell from a class that makes them a powerhouse in pvp was nerfed because of trains,.... really doesnt make sence- and yet wizards are running around with ice comet? .

Also as another side note this isnt how i want the game to be played.. but rather how the game was intended and was to be played back in 99-00'. Fear in pvp WAS / IS CLASSIC.
Last edited by Kruel; 12-16-2011 at 04:12 PM..
Old 12-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone knows and will not deny that fear was on classic. So was training mobs. This is why fear was removed. Fear does help big time for PvP, especially as one of the classes with it, but it is also a huge cause of grief in dungeons.

Fear will not be put back in, as far as I have heard.
I mean if the training part is the problem i can understand them adding a no cast in a dungeon similiar to sow. Although this again isnt classic.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

The grounds for removal are that is screwed the game up royally. Not that it was a quest that was added as a certain part of an expansion. It was a very broken mechanic that needed to be removed, same with charm on players. Fear and charm still work on other player's pets, which imo is fine.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The grounds for removal are that is screwed the game up royally. Not that it was a quest that was added as a certain part of an expansion. It was a very broken mechanic that needed to be removed, same with charm on players. Fear and charm still work on other player's pets, which imo is fine.
see now if charm was classic (this is another discussion all together), post proof and this should be added. This is a classic emu!!

Edit: i see the page of update notes from my original post says that players could be charmed. IMO both of these are classic and should be added. Restrict them if you must but keep it classic!
Last edited by Kruel; 12-16-2011 at 04:36 PM..
Old 12-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
see now if charm was classic (this is another discussion all together), post proof and this should be added. This is a classic emu!!

Edit: i see the page of update notes from my original post says that players could be charmed. IMO both of these are classic and should be added. Restrict them if you must but keep it classic!
The problem with the whole 'classic' tag is that classic is a time-frame, and not a specific moment in time.

Fear and Charm worked on Players for part of classic eq, but were also removed pre-kunark. So fear and charm working on players and not working on players fall under the Classic description.
Closed Thread