Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll check my clerics logs when I get home... But I definitely remember 36-39 being very quick at hags.
Haha, ok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't deny that is a primo XP spot for a solo cleric; I did it on my first cleric back in early Kunark and it was great. I just think that 1 hour per level is quite a stretch without outside help or a bonus xp weekend or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

You weren't using that Manastone of yours by any chance were you?
Old 05-29-2014, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Easiest way to solo a cleric is to duo with a good warrior. Other than that it will be slow but doable. But yeah, make one of your friends or your wife/girlfriend play a warrior.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're trying the wrong places if it takes 7 hours to do a level as a cleric soloing undead. Dald is exaggerating about the speed of XP killing hags in unrest, but they ARE very good xp. Maybe 2-3 hours per level (5-6 for 35).
At level 32 I was getting 6-7 hours a level doing giant skeletons in Rathe - they were at the perfect level range (low dark blue, so minimal resists) and were not Kunark monsters so presumably their HP was as low as you'd find on warrior mobs at that level. I'd tried hags but they were too high level whereas the rest of the stuff in Unrest was generally too low or hard to split. Unrest may have a nice EXP bonus and hags might have lower HP than warrior monsters but it would never give you EXP twice as fast.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
At level 32 I was getting 6-7 hours a level doing giant skeletons in Rathe
Rathe Mts. doesn't have a very good zem, if it has one at all. I don't recall there being a ton of skeletons to kill either, but I could be wrong about that. So I would say that's not the place you want to be for fast xp.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

Hey interesting how you post this. Everything always depends, mostly on, your group DPS and puller. You got junk for DPS (like 1 or 2 dps classes) and the rest is AFKing Wizards, druids, and some other commonly known to afk classes your gonna have a bad time grouping.

#2, Your mana pool will suck, and your money flow is slow. but at all costs, get as much mana as u can to keep up on heals. I know it doesnt make mana regen faster, but it helps to have a big enough pool where ur not OOM after 3 casts nor FM after 10 ticks. Bad pulls happen having the mana will help make groups go alot smoother.

#3 if you wanna avoid PLing everyone else(as they are afking non stop), then yeah Id sugguest soloing right out man, have fun! But along the way if you find a great Puller / tank / Dpser, keep them friend listed and level with them. As they will make leveling alot more fun and at times appear faster if not be faster ..its hard to find those 3 things these days it seems. If you happen to find 2 in 1 or all 3 in 1 then even better!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

kind of recently played in hag tower on 34-37 enchanter I'd say it's more so 3-5hours per level there. At any rate though, once basement opened up i preferred to solo bookcase to ghost, a lot better xp. Find yourself a chanter duo and you two will be in love.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonez138 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rathe Mts. doesn't have a very good zem, if it has one at all. I don't recall there being a ton of skeletons to kill either, but I could be wrong about that. So I would say that's not the place you want to be for fast xp.
Right, the ZEM is probably just your standard outdoor zone ZEM, not as good as Unrest, but it wouldn't make it half as efficient as Unrest. Getting enough pulls was in no way a problem because it took so long to med up after nuking one down. Pulls were pretty much immediate. The problem with cleric soloing is how long it takes to med up afterwards. I was getting about one kill per seven minutes (counting the time to kill and med back up).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 05-30-2014, 04:53 AM
Banned

Fastest way to level is to solo pre-50

Best way to level is with a group of friends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread