Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Aviak

I applauded that fat kid. He had a courage to defend himself. After that body slammed, that redhead boy going to think twice now before he bullying other kids.

<Vesica Dei>
Old 03-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Large Bat

You're right, struggling through mental illness for my entire life and being on disability after a break down was definitely worth all that.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

You might as well remove that remark Kaushi, to expect sense or consideration from this forum won't go well, you'd most likely only be mocked for it, (though I do sympathize for you).

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsesmeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, struggling through mental illness for my entire life and being on disability after a break down was definitely worth all that.
Ever think maybe the problem was you and not the bullies?

Everyone is so quick to blame everyone for everything that you forgot the part where you were too weak to do anything about it, either mentally, or physically.

So now you blame bullies for you being mentally handicapped? Right.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned

Look, it's not like I'm sitting here laughing at people offing themselves because they were picked on.

But, let's face it...if it wasn't bullying, they were going to off themselves later in life for something else equally as laughably trivial.

Someone get the job they were aiming for, for months?
Car gets stolen?
Clearly the answer to these much more serious life issues is to kill yourself.

Let's be serious here. It's part of life. Get over it.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever think maybe the problem was you and not the bullies?

Everyone is so quick to blame everyone for everything that you forgot the part where you were too weak to do anything about it, either mentally, or physically.

So now you blame bullies for you being mentally handicapped? Right.
The bullies were only a catalyst for the chemical imbalances to take a better hold on him. He could not help that. Don't blame him for being disabled or feeling as if the bullies contributed. They did in fact contribute to make the onset sooner, rather than later. It would, however, have been possible to stave off the onset much longer without their interaction. There are actually a LOT of people living with mental disabilities that aren't fully aware of it, and it just takes some kind of nasty catalyst to create the onset and following breakdown. We all witness this happen almost every week with celebrities. They seem fine and all that, and suddenly break down after some major life change or extra media coverage on them due to something that happens in their life.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Banned

You supported my point.

There was already a problem. Whether then, or later, it was going to happen.

Life is not easy. Stop blaming everything else and learn some personal accountability. That alone will go a long way in alleviating life's difficulty.

If everyone else is to blame for everything that goes wrong, you will never find a solution.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Skeleton

I supported it to a point, but the thing is that they don't have control over "personal accountability." I know quite a few of people with that kind of problem (I'm married to one), there is no alleviating life's difficulties for them. They have plenty of accountability, but they cannot control whether or not it is disabling to their everyday lives. They have a chemical imbalance that can only be somewhat controlled by modern medicine, but never cured. If anyone claims they are cured of mental disabilities, then I'd like to know how that was accomplished, as I'm guessing Hell go real cold. lol
Old 03-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Bullying in schools takes many forms. The mild forms are what i'm assuming Harrison is disregarding as "shit you just need to deal with and get over." However, in many cases, systematic and pervasive bullying can basically ruin a person's childhood, and there is nothing the kid can do to make it change. The blame shouldn't be placed on the kids, obviously, nor even on the kids' parents, who are probably at fault to some degree for their kid not having friends or being "cool." Teachers need to make sure that school is an environment where bullying is harshly punished, so that kids that are different aren't being tortured while serving their time in the public school system.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

So if you're bullied in 2nd grade and become depressed, its because you don't have personal responsibility and want everything in life to be great and go your way. Glad to know you're a complete douche. He was 8 years old.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Closed Thread