Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Aviak

You can find the crushed diamonds in TD on golra island.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Kobold

Here is the evil version on wiki:

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph..._II_%28Evil%29
Old 08-26-2011, 05:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disputing the above poster. Following info is from http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells.htm which has Luclin-era data. MP ranges depend on level, with highest MP being at level 60.

Canni 1: 20-28 MP for 50 HP: 0.4 - 0.58 ratio
Canni 2: 30-36 MP for 67 HP: 0.45 - 0.54 ratio <-- LEAST EFFICIENT
Canni 3: 39-41 MP for 74 HP: 0.53 - 0.55 ratio
It depends on your level how much MP you get per canni. Your data does show is that at level 60, then Canni 2 is the worst, yea, but I'm pretty sure Canni 2 is better for OP than 1.
Last edited by purist; 08-26-2011 at 05:33 AM..
Old 08-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Sarnak

Seems when you look at Cannibalize it gives 0.225 more mana per level upto lvl 60 (65) which would mean at lvl 39 Canni would give you 23 mana for 50 hp => 0.46 mana per hp

Canni2 at lvl 39 is 30 mana for 67 hps => 0.45 mana per hp

It's virtually the same but Canni 2 restores mana faster per spell cast, which is most important.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Banned

Well look at it this way... from 45-54 you can use Jaundiced Bone Bracer to level. (And it was about 20 hours from level 45 to level 52 for me with an ogre). You're not using a ton of mana - you don't really need a ton of mana. You need just enough to root every so often. I am going to have to agree with Estu on this despite his hideously disturbing avatar.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well look at it this way... from 45-54 you can use Jaundiced Bone Bracer to level. (And it was about 20 hours from level 45 to level 52 for me with an ogre). You're not using a ton of mana - you don't really need a ton of mana. You need just enough to root every so often. I am going to have to agree with Estu on this despite his hideously disturbing avatar.
I'll let the avatar comment slide. Here's something I've been wondering about: people always put such an importance on JBB and for instance how bad and game-changing it is that Iksar can't use them; however, at level 60 when you have Torpor and so can just cannibalize indefinitely, is the JBB really that useful/worthwhile? Basically, is it just important up to 60 or does it continue to be game-changing at 60?
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll let the avatar comment slide. Here's something I've been wondering about: people always put such an importance on JBB and for instance how bad and game-changing it is that Iksar can't use them; however, at level 60 when you have Torpor and so can just cannibalize indefinitely, is the JBB really that useful/worthwhile? Basically, is it just important up to 60 or does it continue to be game-changing at 60?
When is manafree damage not useful? JBB frees up mana for other more useful spells.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyogburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When is manafree damage not useful? JBB frees up mana for other more useful spells.
Manafree damage is not useful when all your mana is free anyway because you can caniballize ad infinitum. Is this really that hard a concept? Once you hit 60, the real question is how much time it takes to cast a spell and canni up the mana for it, not how much mana it takes. If it takes less time to cast a spell that does some amount of damage and canni back up than it takes to use the JBB to do the same amount of damage, then the JBB is not worth using. "Freeing up mana" is meaningless if you have an endless supply.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Last edited by Estu; 08-27-2011 at 09:37 AM..
Old 08-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Fire Giant

JBB is mostly a leveling tool. It's amazing for that, but it isn't too crucial at 60. Note that Torpor is one of the rarest spells in the game, though. I'd say JBB still has the occasional use at 60, because you can get into situations where you don't have the mana to cast anything much and don't have time to canni several times, cast Torpor, wait several ticks to regenerate and then cast a nuke or dot. It's unlikely to happen often, but it can. The theory that "JBB becomes obsolete at 60 because it's more effective to canni and use the mana for spells" is only valid if you have all the time in the world to do so. If you're OOM with 40% health left and a nearly dead mob mauling your face, JBB will help you much more than trying to twitch up enough mana to cast something while getting pummeled. It's a slow cast, but not nearly as slow as canni-torpor-wait-wait-canni-canni-nuke.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
JBB goes from godlike to near-useless at 60 with torpor, yeah.

lol wut
Closed Thread