Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me and my friends are gonna be having a LAN party on Thursday, we'll all be playing level like levels 1-5 just to give the game a shot. Will we have issues with the two-boxing rule? What about roommates playing?

Yeah, stupid noob question, but just wanted to be safe.
You're not even going to all be able to login, since without the exemption the server will only allow one account per IP on at a time.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

How do I get the exemption/can I get it by Thursday?

Edit: Hey look an FAQ!
Last edited by Coridan; 09-05-2011 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: noob mistake
Old 09-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Large Rat

You won't get a exemption because they never check the petitions.... I get that they don't want people to 2 box. That is understandable but the fact that you and your roommate can't play this awesome game together is also sad.

Everyone tells you to make a exemption but guess what.. they won't answer them. I've been waiting a week now and from what i hear they haven't checked them in months. So much for enjoying this game with your friend
Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You won't get a exemption because they never check the petitions.... I get that they don't want people to 2 box. That is understandable but the fact that you and your roommate can't play this awesome game together is also sad.

Everyone tells you to make a exemption but guess what.. they won't answer them. I've been waiting a week now and from what i hear they haven't checked them in months. So much for enjoying this game with your friend
I have two of my accounts* and my girlfriend's account exempted. I've never heard of it taking longer than 2 weeks to get a reply to an IP exemption petition. The reason it takes so long is because they do all the exemptions in batches to make it easier on themselves. Sometimes it takes longer when people fail to post the correct information. Just relax, you'll get your exemption soon.

*(keep in mind that even though they're both mine, I still have to have someone else logged onto the second one if I want to play them both at once, or else that's 2-boxing. Just clarifying in case I misrepresented the rules)
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

That belongs in the PvP forum.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

There is two boxing going on at this very moment.Blackburrow.It was reported last night via petition and nothing happened.This is a hoax.NOT INFORCED!! do as you will i guess if you can mask ip's.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckufarley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is two boxing going on at this very moment.Blackburrow.It was reported last night via petition and nothing happened.This is a hoax.NOT INFORCED!! do as you will i guess if you can mask ip's.
What makes you so sure it was boxing?
Old 09-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Kobold

I think alot of times people assume someone is 2 boxing if there is pling going on, people should be sure before they report someone for something against the rules. If anyone has pl'd people you know how boring it is so you tend to be semi afk (paying attention to television or whatnot), not saying this was the case with this situation.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Kobold

Heh I was just in BB with my son (11 years old) and his baby sk had the hyper speed bug and he couldn't control his character without running into mobs and dying so I had him group with me and auto follow me so i could take him to the entrance and his butt could get to bed, from the top of bb to the zone entrance I was accused of 2 boxing by 2 people! So just so everyone knows, auto follow equals 2 boxing evidently.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Large Rat

I got my IP Exemption in less than 2 days
Closed Thread