Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 09:12 AM
Aviak

Default Necro help

Hi

I am returning to p99 after along time off and decided to try my hands again at a necro
I was thinking between dark elf or erudite soo did a who all and noticed erudite was a low choice compared to dark elf. Any major reason?

I know iksar is normally the way for a necro but i thought would try something slightly different, i would guess erudites are still hated in places but not as much as a dark elf or iksar?

Any tips/ advice would be welcome
Old 10-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Erudites have the highest starting int so they're not a bad choice. I think a lot of people these days twink their new characters and having one starting in Tox can be a pain in that sense.

Not sure how eru necros do in Freeport versus Dark Elves etc. Perhaps not as bad. I know evil (bertox) eru clerics are safe in North Freeport so that could be something to go by.

I know you didn't mention iksars but their regen is godly at later levels versus non iksars... don't rule them out completely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Dark elves have hide, which can be useful for breaking charm or for AFKing in dangerous places. Other than that, not a big difference between dark elf and erudite (maybe slightly easier to get around as erudite).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 10-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark elves have hide, which can be useful for breaking charm or for AFKing in dangerous places.
Necros also have Circlet of Shadow to break charm, and FD to afk, though, so while hide is nice it's not super important to necros.

I say go Erudite! Be different.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the response it is appreciated.

I have finally downloaded and patched etc, had issues with memory something kept crashing game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am swaying towards erudite as its a race i never played on live much so may have to give that a go!
Old 10-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Erudites used to be a popular choice because they get some nice items, notably the Mantle of Souls.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Azraxs%27_Legacy
Old 10-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Fire Giant

Erudite also has high sta - 25 points into STA and 5 into INT is a great roll and gives you highest possible sta/int totals. Eru still doesn't have regen though, and hide isn't useful in combat. Paineel is also one of the coolest cities in the game.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

If you aren't going master race (Iksar), gnome is the next best choice. See through walls is a good dungeon crawling tool and being able to tinker stalking probes for lifetap targets is ncie too.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 11-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarilzir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi

I am returning to p99 after along time off and decided to try my hands again at a necro
I was thinking between dark elf or erudite soo did a who all and noticed erudite was a low choice compared to dark elf. Any major reason?

I know iksar is normally the way for a necro but i thought would try something slightly different, i would guess erudites are still hated in places but not as much as a dark elf or iksar?

Any tips/ advice would be welcome
Erudite has nice faction with most city's, go erudite. that is what i went with.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Stalking Probes are awesome when you get invited to Trak raids and can't land lifetap on him and you get poisoned. Ugh.
Closed Thread