Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor
Default An Idea for leveling.

Is there a way to make the mob's weaker and give out the same amount of xp? Being's you can't just group with people from 1-50 most night's.

Melee's really get screwed here, and I understand that this is how hard everquest was, but at the same time there were people to group with back in the everquest days.

A 20 Ranger vs a level 20 mob.

Snared, burst of flamed it down to 75%. Mob comes into melee range, I am at 100% with a skin like nature on none of the less. End result, I managed to get him to 60% he bring's me down to 20% had to zone out.

I'm not trying to be one of those player's looking for an easy way to reach 50, but melee's CANNOT solo at all, even hybrid's that can do other thing's. If there's a way to weaken NPCs from 45 and under to give a melee a chance to soloing to 50 you will surely see more people reach level 50 and more people hold out and stay on the server, which will generate more pvp and more of a buzz toward's the server.

Would like to hear people's input's, I understand people suggest stuff all the time as a level 50 Druid, leveling wasn't bad and I had some help along the way, but melee's need some loving here.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Oocing for 2 days and no grp thank god I can solo crocs and getb 2% xp every 10 min
Old 04-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oocing for 2 days and no grp thank god I can solo crocs and getb 2% xp every 10 min
wait till 30, then you wont even be able to solo lb's [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tippett; 04-28-2012 at 08:33 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait till 30, then you want even be able to solo lb's [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can hardly wait then I can get .5% every 10min
Old 04-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can hardly wait then I can get .5% every 10min
more like .0% [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sektor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to make the mob's weaker and give out the same amount of xp? Being's you can't just group with people from 1-50 most night's.

Melee's really get screwed here, and I understand that this is how hard everquest was, but at the same time there were people to group with back in the everquest days.

A 20 Ranger vs a level 20 mob.

Snared, burst of flamed it down to 75%. Mob comes into melee range, I am at 100% with a skin like nature on none of the less. End result, I managed to get him to 60% he bring's me down to 20% had to zone out.

I'm not trying to be one of those player's looking for an easy way to reach 50, but melee's CANNOT solo at all, even hybrid's that can do other thing's. If there's a way to weaken NPCs from 45 and under to give a melee a chance to soloing to 50 you will surely see more people reach level 50 and more people hold out and stay on the server, which will generate more pvp and more of a buzz toward's the server.

Would like to hear people's input's, I understand people suggest stuff all the time as a level 50 Druid, leveling wasn't bad and I had some help along the way, but melee's need some loving here.
This will never happen.

I wouldn't want to do this on VZTZ either because you're literally changing the PvE of EQ and making it something other than what it was.

Melees not being able to solo is just a symptom of the larger problem that there's nobody leveling up on the server right now so grouping is rarely an option -- even with OOC.

I've put out there what I think is a rational solution to this in that if you're going to have a low population, you might as well work with it. Accelerate the 1-40 grind to < 20 hours (would be a massive increase). Dump the excess into 40-50. Overall 1-50 Time Spent can stay the same. End result is 40-50 is punishingly slow, but 40-50 is both accessible to the casual player and where the vast majority of the low pop resides.

That's all I've got as I don't know of anything else to really suggest. The pop is depressingly low right now and player interaction is paramount.

So yeah - I don't know. If you want to push for a really minor change to enable melee soloing, then I'd think bind wound reaching a higher cap (instead of 50% hp) would be helpful. Don't think that would get more people playing though, which is the real issue.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Of the 60 something online most are 50 so as obviously stated no grps
Old 04-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

triple xp, weaker mobs, all these things will only help solo classes. in order for xp to flow like water you need one thing, a population.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

EXP is the final thing holding this server back from consistent 100+ pop. It doesn't need to be some strawman 500% bonus exp argument that nihilum will rail against in this thread, just something around the 150-200% range. Not only will new people come, but others will make alts as well. The only people who seem to be so against it are the ones who have had all of their alts powerleveled.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

would play again if SearyxTZ made <Planar Protectors> and made the req to joining a 1k post count (or w/e is required for this prestigious title.) would roll a pally to smite the zerg in Gods name