Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Kobold

Why not, after Velious, just release the new classes and non-Drakken races that came in the later expansions?

Berserkers and beastlords were fun. Frogloks and Vah Shir offered a chance to play the original classes in different ways.

Hell, if the server admins want to, they could try turning another already-existing non-playable race in the game into a playable race, like gnolls, kobolds, or orcs. With the kobolds, you could repurpose the Warrens, attach that to a different area of Odus, and make it a newbie town/zone.

Addendum: I know that flies in the face of the Project 1999 ideal, but I do know the devs are also thinking about custom content for the game after Velious. Well-integrated custom races might garner the server some internet props. Also I want to be the gnoll shadowknight.

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Kobold

I see it more as the desire to hew to the ideals of the original design and vision of EQ that began to disappear with the introduction of Luclin. It's not like everything post Velious sucked. Some of it was fantastic. It's just that some of it helped destroy the continuity and original "feel" of them game.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Don't go past Velious. You have to draw a line somewhere, and that should be the line. If you do anymore, it won't be classic EQ no matter how you try to add the additional content.

I understand where people are coming from. Some of the content in later expansions were good, but there are other servers where you can play the content. You can even have your own private server and experience it there.

But for here, please keep it to the original trilogy. This is the closest thing to the original I've been able to find.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by noffo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't go past Velious. You have to draw a line somewhere, and that should be the line. If you do anymore, it won't be classic EQ no matter how you try to add the additional content.

I understand where people are coming from. Some of the content in later expansions were good, but there are other servers where you can play the content. You can even have your own private server and experience it there.

But for here, please keep it to the original trilogy. This is the closest thing to the original I've been able to find.
The classic trilogy was awesome but at some point people are going to get tired of doing the same content with no possible future content to gear up for.

If it was up to me (I certainly understand that is not) I would just keep doing expansions until people stop playing. For me the end point would probably be PoP.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 11-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The classic trilogy was awesome but at some point people are going to get tired of doing the same content with no possible future content to gear up for.

If it was up to me (I certainly understand that is not) I would just keep doing expansions until people stop playing. For me the end point would probably be PoP.
That's what I think I'd prefer too. Go ahead and just keep doing the expansions normally. It takes a while to get them together anyway, longer than the original timeline.

Once we pass Velious (I assume it'll be quite a while yet until we get Velious anyway) then add on a year or more before the next expansion is ready...then a fresh server would open anyway from what I'm hearing.

I would also be for a straightforward wipe as well...18-24 months after we get Velious or something.

In reality though, custom content or original progression, I'm fairly sure that once that new server does open once Velious gets stale, most people are going to switch to it anyway...along with some new people too I'm sure.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

Make PoK a timed zone. Make up some bullshit like you can't breathe, or the gods only permit limited visits from mortals or banishes you somewhere
Old 11-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would also be for a straightforward wipe as well...18-24 months after we get Velious
I'd be happy as a pig in crap if they did this. Just to the point where stuff starts to get stale.

Or if they wanted to launch another 99 say GREEN Project 1999 yeah I'd leave and go there in a heartbeat.

Don't get me wrong, Red is doing the same thing right now but I'm not all up on the pvp. It was fun for a while, but after getting ganked by a group at a vendor multiple times, I said fk it.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Kobold

I would love a server wipe.

GM of -=Trigarium=-
Old 11-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Fire Giant

Gotta do something with rathe mountains -- you know that corner with all the bright blue runes and such that no one ever figured out what's supposed to be there
Old 11-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Aviak

how about... Adding the Gates of Discord in to the original trilogy

/discuss
Closed Thread