Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrisard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
147 -> 157 STA = 2333hp to 2373

DEX feels like a waste of time when it comes to missed notes. I want to do some actual testing when I have time to show some hard numbers, but there's no way I'd say going from 100-150 DEX has had a significant impact on missed notes.

CHA seems to have a much more noticable effect on lull type spells, but again that's just feeling. I'd keep a set for it while leveling to switch in and out, but if you were to ask me if I would trade 100 hp for 25 cha I'd not only say no, but fuck no.
Dont as an int caster with the possible exception of a necro.
We get 2hp per stam. Much nicer to just cap out int quick and sac your gear for hp/resists.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

2.4 HP / sta on a 60 necro. I'm not even sure if its worth it... (Idol of Thorned gives 24 hp)
Old 11-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

I put most of my points in Strength on almost every character I make. If you can't even wear your gear or carry any loot what good is it? Like most people can afford 100% weight reduction bags?
Old 11-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

You're just being lazy imo, web. There are plenty of ways around the weight limit apart from putting starting points in strength and buying tink bags. Like hunting in zones that have merchants, buying gems with excess gold, silver, and copper (or even platinum) for resale later, hunting in zones that have banks, hunting mobs that drop items of value apart from 100+ coins and fine steel weapons every kill, etc.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
umm somehow I doubt that.

according to the charts from GoD era warriors get 4.5 hp per sta, and Paladin gets 3.8.
These are from STA in range between 100 and 200

Maybe numbers are higher for pre-100 range.
Warriors always got 6 hp per sta on live. Knights were 5.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

err, i was pulling data for level 50. i guess that's explains it.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

What's min-maxing? Is it really that important to have an extra 100HP for raids over 25 extra Cha or Dex? I don't really see how it'll matter considering that most enemies will 1 or 2 shot you anyway.

And my Bard isn't lv50, where'd you get that idea? I'm just starting one and I'm wondering if I'm best off dumping the points in Sta or Cha.

Edit: Also, where the HELL is all the Lambent armor on the market? I've been shopping for two days and not one seller. It's pissing me off.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone's leveling their bards now because AE DoT kiting has gone mainstream. Also, Lambent looks awesome. Finally, Mystic Koada Dal (or whatever the High Elf Plate is) is better, albeit more expensive. If you are in your 30s, you should be able to solo any piece that doesn't require a dungeon drop.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone's leveling their bards now because AE DoT kiting has gone mainstream. Also, Lambent looks awesome. Finally, Mystic Koada Dal (or whatever the High Elf Plate is) is better, albeit more expensive. If you are in your 30s, you should be able to solo any piece that doesn't require a dungeon drop.
Doesn't mean the market should be completely devoid of lambent armor for sale. And I haven't even rolled a Bard yet; I'm gathering a full set of equipment first and weighing whether it's worth dumping the 25 into Sta instead of Dex or Cha.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's min-maxing? Is it really that important to have an extra 100HP for raids over 25 extra Cha or Dex? I don't really see how it'll matter considering that most enemies will 1 or 2 shot you anyway.

And my Bard isn't lv50, where'd you get that idea? I'm just starting one and I'm wondering if I'm best off dumping the points in Sta or Cha.

Edit: Also, where the HELL is all the Lambent armor on the market? I've been shopping for two days and not one seller. It's pissing me off.
Min-Maxing is the practice (art?) of tweaking each and every aspect of character and gear to minimize the negative features and promote the positive features to the maximums achievable. Basically, INT/WIS casters with full BIS gear easily cap out 255 INT/WIS therefore not needing to put in points to those stats, but can redirect them to other stats, such as STA, to fully max out their character even if the returns are not the greatest it still achieves the "maximization" goal.

Essentially, Min-Maxing come Velious, depending on the class, will require ~10 pieces from Vulaak'Aerr/ST/AoW. Very few, if any, will achieve this in a reasonable time period. But min-max'rs love the path and tweaking gear sets/stat allocations to create the "perfect" character.

Others believe min-max'rs lose out the fun aspects of the game by striving for a maximized character rather than enjoying the game for what it is.
Last edited by Ele; 11-06-2012 at 02:31 PM..
Closed Thread