Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 05:52 AM
Planar Protector

The flat bonus was reduced but group bonus increased, don't think anything scales anymore. Something like a flat 50% plus 40% per group member.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is it any different than picking up any PVP game for the first time and getting shit on by people who've played for years? You will literally outlevel supertwinks in the 1-30 range in a single night. There is more hand holding, gear giveaways, free plvling and people leveling up their own supertwink alts who are more than happy to invite any warm body for the xp bonus on this server than any one in the history of EQ.

Seriously, if you can't take getting shit on from time to time you will not like playing on red long term so you're better off figuring it out early.
Because any other game there is more than 1 option to progress yourself end-game. Sure you can out lvl those twinks 1-30! But can you devote 40 hours a week to EverQuest to be in the only guild capable of getting you those BIS Pixels that are required to PvP?
Old 02-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyphil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because any other game there is more than 1 option to progress yourself end-game. Sure you can out lvl those twinks 1-30! But can you devote 40 hours a week to EverQuest to be in the only guild capable of getting you those BIS Pixels that are required to PvP?
The pvp guilds that don't raid much at all have the best PvP records. If you want to join Empire and raid you can do it a couple nights a week by putting in 6-9 hours. I have never heard of a classic type server that required less work than Red99 to level and gear up at end game. Blue is a good example of a server where you need to put in way more hours at end game to get any gear.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pvp guilds that don't raid much at all have the best PvP records. If you want to join Empire and raid you can do it a couple nights a week by putting in 6-9 hours. I have never heard of a classic type server that required less work than Red99 to level and gear up at end game. Blue is a good example of a server where you need to put in way more hours at end game to get any gear.
I would rather not play at all than play with nerds. And if by PvP records you mean K/D's that doesn't mean shit, maybe if you couldn't plug it would.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Nobody cares if you play
Old 02-11-2016, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Nobody cares if you live or die.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats your in game name? I'm in oasison my drood right now, afk a few to smoke but I'm there

I think we just missed you last night. We hopped off near 1015 or so. Maybe we can hook up tonight!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyphil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would rather not play at all than play with nerds. And if by PvP records you mean K/D's that doesn't mean shit, maybe if you couldn't plug it would.
Too bad k/d is the only reason to PvP at all here. Zerg raiding nets you better gear for less effort, with no risk of ever losing it and with LnS and plugging and other stupid rules to protect you.

Until PvP is actually worth something more than epeen, most people will just zerg raid and bitch about everyone who inconveniences then.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
So you want BiS pixels in EQ without raiding with nerds? I'm pretty sure the entire community would rather play with a nerd than a retard, so you might be out of luck even if you wanted to join.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
roll a cleric or druid as your first class
Any non-melee is fine. Druids are easiest because ports, SoW, and heals. Wizards are easiest to PvP with because shields and nukes. Magicians and necromancers and shamans are easy to level. Enchanters are squishy but always in high demand. Clerics are boring but always in high demand.

But even if you want to play a melee only, Rag started here as a wood elf rogue with nothing during the height of kunark, and he did fine. Right now, this server is all about just not giving up before your opponent does. Death doesn't mean anything, just run back in and keep at it. If the gankers / other groups get bored and leave, you win.
Closed Thread