Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 01-06-2022, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah please post somewhere that isn’t a piece of junk discord how to play the server, maybe like even a Wordpress account ?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

http://patcher.vztz.org/eqemupatcher.exe

Download http://patcher.vztz.org/eqemupatcher.exe and save it to a directory of your choosing, this will be your EQ folder.
2. Run eqemupatcher.exe as Admin and it will automatically download the client.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Old 01-06-2022, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

I would like to say that I retract my previous statements about disease being boring. I am not reading all that other rub. No one plays that shit box or this one.

Hope I helped at least one somebody with this post.

-Toodles
Old 01-06-2022, 10:18 PM
Skeleton

As long as Secrets doesn't have anything to do with the project I don't see why anyone wouldn't give it a try but that's my personal opinion.
Old 01-07-2022, 02:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to say that I retract my previous statements about disease being boring. I am not reading all that other rub. No one plays that shit box or this one.

Hope I helped at least one somebody with this post.

-Toodles
good thing theres about 150 people that are going to be playing or more on this vztz shitbox

looking forward to it

https://discord.gg/FtqTThRk
Old 01-07-2022, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t play there but the fact is that the guys that end up being better at the game practice killing eachother a lot on vztz servers.

I don’t have enough time to participate in a short lifespan server like that especially since it’s all level 60 action besides regular level up interference pvp. Like I could top out at level 12 and have fun but by then there’s gunna be no one in that pvp level range.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-07-2022, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, this is very disturbing that you would make such remarks as if they were the truth. You statement is false. The patcher program is built by Xackery and is open source which can be found at https://github.com/xackery/eqemupatcher. This is the same patcher program that other eqemu servers, including RoZ and RoT, have so well used, its a very good program, well designed, and suited for its purpose.

Secondly, I do have the source code and redacted database for the RoZ server and I am not running my server with any of Secrets anti-cheat software or "trojan" as you referred to it as. Removing that code was my first priority and I value the privacy and security of every individual as I believe that is a protected right.

Thirdly, Secrets code is publicly available for anyone to view, he released it a while back on his github.com account and I reviewed over it and I couldn't find anything that "scanned your internet history" but it did send the window titles you had open to the server when you launched EQ to the game server. So if you had Firefox opened with Google.com it might show something like "Firefox - www.google.com" as an open process running on your machine. I believe the intention was to catch and detect cheaters and hackers by looking for processes like MQ2, ShowEQ, etc but this wasn't the way it should of been done in my opinion as it was invasive to someone's privacy.

Everyone has a right to their opinion but I believe everyone needs to know all the facts before making any allegations against someone or something before you make statements you may not completely understand and risk damaging their reputation by stating something false. Creating a safe and reputable PVP EQ server is something I always wanted and had a passion for, the players may be at times play rough and dirty but we don't judge a book by its cover, we judge each other by how they treat others (EQ PVP doesn't count). I don't believe I have gained a bad reputation by anyone and don't plan on starting it now.

That being said anyone who wishes to play the vztz server I hope can have confidence that such intrusive methods are not condoned and will never be. We all have enough problems IRL and use EQ as an escape, why ruin that too.
This is good enough for me.

Every previous iteration of VZTZ was genuine, whether it was run by Daxum Null or Voidd (not gonna put my name in there since I was terrible at it).

I'm glad OP called this bit of history to attention since I wasn't aware, but it does not seem like there's any cause for concern with playing on this server.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

i still hate you for making an fbss and other items rarer than a manastone
Old 01-07-2022, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is good enough for me.

Every previous iteration of VZTZ was genuine, whether it was run by Daxum Null or Voidd (not gonna put my name in there since I was terrible at it).

I'm glad OP called this bit of history to attention since I wasn't aware, but it does not seem like there's any cause for concern with playing on this server.
Voidd was never the problem it was Secrets. Voidd made everything very transparent about the servers intentions. Much success to the server though. It's good to see a sane person running a pvp server for the first time in a while.
Old 01-07-2022, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Is this live now or coming soon?
Lost but not forgotten.