Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Aviak

Default Nec - What now?

Here's a quick summary. Level 52 almost 53 nec. 90% of my playtime is laid back solo camps.

Equipment is decent (seems I could pull it off naked anyways). I have a pre-nerf cos and jboots.

What do I need to save up for? What's the necro's equivalent of Torpor in expenses? Should I twink another character? ? ??? ????

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Thurg/skyshrine legs are nice to have for the clicky pet haste. Outside of that, items that elevate the class are obtained via raiding. Soulwell staff, hate book, epic. Elder beads are pretty damn nice too. So I guess that would be worth saving for.

Edit - Zheart is nice as well.
Last edited by thebutthat; 03-08-2018 at 11:33 AM..
Old 03-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Start saving up for a Zlandicar Heart. Most everything else is just padding stats on a class that can solo naked.

Feel free to roll an alt, but I wouldn't sink any serious plat into one until you hit 60 on your main. Plat comes much easier at higher levels and alts are a bottomless pit that causes wealth to evaporate.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Aviak

Any fun things to expect 53+? Cool camps/xp spots? Been in Felwithe for the easy plats but could use a change from time to time.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Time to acquaint yourself with charm killing undead - Lguk, top floors of CoM, or HS.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

BW giants is easy solo camp. You can probably clear most if not all camp in time to med and respawn
Old 03-09-2018, 02:33 AM
Fire Giant

Seems zheart and slime blood cost about the same. Epic is about 10 times more useful when doing solo/duo/group content. Zheart is almost exclusively useful on raids and then only marginally so. It means you can stand up in Demi Lich with shm/dru regen and exactly not lose hp. W/o heart you will lose 4 hp per tick.

Aside from raid min/max’ing and prestige I wouldn’t recommend spending money on Zheart for a necro. It’s much more important for a chanter that has no means of healing and who will be taking hits on occasion while soloing.

Elder beads are nice, but not a must. Get much better if you get VP staff.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:44 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry that was an aside on Zheart. In terms of other stuff, like others have mentioned, it's mainly no drop raid items. VP-staff is incredibly good, epic is great, book from PoHate is amazing. Even bracer from Velketor is nice but none of those (save epic I guess) can be purchased.

An item I haven't seen mentioned is Manna Robe. This is mostly for raiding and will "just" be great and not amazing without VP-staff but I'd recommend it if you plan on raiding. I would recommend it over Zheart for the above mentioned reasons.

Aside from that I guess there's always random nice EC-tunnel items to get like Hiero Cloak, Orb of the Infinite Void etc to bolster hp/mana.

Or go twink another char [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2018, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

Farm HS and buy beads before they are 500k+
Old 03-09-2018, 06:20 AM
Planar Protector

I solo practically naked on my 60 necro...gear doesn't make much difference.

If shit goes wrong while killing something difficult I usually just flop or hit my wc cap, reset and try again. Gear is nice, but its not like the difference between a shaman with/without torpor.

Stuff folks mentioned above is nice. HEB is very good, I use them all the time.
Closed Thread