Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Aviak

Default Vindication and Eradication BP Graphic Issue

The current Graphics set to the Chestplate of Vindication and Breastplate of Eradication are currently wrong. They are currently set to the new Velious armor graphics but in classic the appeared as a normal graphic plate BP.

The Chestplate of Vindication was a Grayish/Steel Colored plate BP

The Breastplate of Eradication was a black (like the Black Enameled Breastplate) plate BP

I cannot find proof for the breastplate of eradication but here is a link to LoS archives that shows their guilds first Chestplate of Vindication.

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2001-02-17
Old 07-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Love those classic stats on the Vindi BP.

34 AC, 85 HP, 12 Resists and no Regen/ATK $$$.

Also: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5521

Quote:
Looks like a normal black bp, not the usual pretty Velious graphics. Kind of disappointing, but it does add a nice twist to the same old looks as the Velious armor.
▲ Page top
That screenshot shows silver and the quote from Allakhazam says black?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Project Manager

Vindication already had a black (ebcp looking) texture.

Eradication fixed, pending update.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:30 AM
Aviak

There is wrong info here from OP. Eradication BP did infact have velious look. And it was greyish color. Vindi one was like ebcp.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scryll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is wrong info here from OP. Eradication BP did infact have velious look. And it was greyish color. Vindi one was like ebcp.
Source for eradication BP has velious plate 2 look. http://lucy.fnord.net/item.html?id=25206&setcookie=1
Old 07-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vindication already had a black (ebcp looking) texture.

Eradication fixed, pending update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love those classic stats on the Vindi BP.

34 AC, 85 HP, 12 Resists and no Regen/ATK $$$.

Also: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5521

That screenshot shows silver and the quote from Allakhazam says black?

The date of the post on that Zam comment is June 2001. In Feb of 2001 LoS looted their first Vindi BP and here is exactly what it looked like.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A Grey or Steel colored normal plate BP, not black.
Last edited by Kegluas; 07-09-2015 at 10:59 AM..
Old 07-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Aviak

You are correct on the vindi BP. Velious plate 1 is the same as regular plate look. Velious plate 2 is What we define as "velious" look. So eradication BP is supposed to look like myrmidon/warlord/champion BP Only with a greyish look. Also I wore this BP for 2 years before I changed it in pop expansion.
Last edited by Scryll; 07-09-2015 at 11:26 AM..
Old 07-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Every Vindi BP I ever saw looked like the Enameled Black Chestplate from LGuk - maybe it looked like a normal fine steel BP for a little bit but seems like a waste of time to change it for a month or whatever.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 07-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scryll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are correct on the vindi BP. Velious plate 1 is the same as regular plate look. Velious plate 2 is What we define as "velious" look. So eradication BP is supposed to look like myrmidon/warlord/champion BP Only with a greyish look. Also I wore this BP for 2 years before I changed it in pop expansion.

This is not correct. On that database Velious plate 1 is for all items that have the plane of growth armor graphic such as this PoG Bard BP http://lucy.fnord.net/item.html?id=25487. In that database the only appearance for normal plate is listed as plate. Thus meaning that database isnt worth shit because it claims that the Vindi BP has a velious plate 1 graphic http://lucy.fnord.net/item.html?id=25044 which as clearly proven above (even by your own admission) it does not. Type in any of the class pog armor in that database and it will show up as a velious 1 graphic.

The fact that you had one on live doesn't back anything up because you provide no proof. The graphic probably got changed before you looted yours. Please don't post stuff and link databases that you clearly do not know how to read.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Project Manager

I can't seem to find a screenshot of this. I remember it looking like plate, but the only commentary I can find is on the allakhazam page for it:

Quote:
I would sell my soul (or the soul of any hapless fool standing near me) for the AC on this thing!

Has anyone got a report on what it looks like yet?
and the reply:

Quote:
It looks like Umbral.
Closed Thread