Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 08:29 PM
Kobold

Red face Red on Blue...

Some of you wandering around Halas and Everfrost recently may have noticed a little red name shaman trekking through the white snow; don't worry, I won't bite...yet! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm pretty familiar the limitations over the "Zek" servers, but I wasn't completely sure if there are coin or item loot rules when red on a blue server. No worries though, I wasn't too concerned with the details. See you around!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Lesser folk can't buff you, teleport you or help you in any way...you're only able to apply your own (not so bad, as a shaman).

You'd have to encounter another red flagged player to even have the possibility of anything being taken from your corpse (assuming they killed you)...but I don't think it works that way on blue.

Long story short, you won't encounter any other red flagged people above level 1-2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2017, 12:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long story short, you won't encounter any other red flagged people above level 1-2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if I do, they will have a rare and invaluable partner...should they choose to partner with me.

For everyone else, there is always /duel (provided that you think that you have a 'Flaming Chance in Halas!') [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2017, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

If you don't find any contenders, declare yourself the blue King of PvP and move pastures to the red server for some actual pvp ^^
Old 09-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't find any contenders, declare yourself the blue King of PvP and move pastures to the red server for some actual pvp ^^
Probably a little too early for that...but I won't rule that out for later... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hoping to maybe spur a few people to roll up some strictly red characters, and in the very distant future, maybe even a small guild might come about...maybe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

I killed a red name on blue with my red name rogue but was not able to loot.

I was able to be teleported too iirc.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Ive been debating making an SK, but I heard on red my SK might be less useless as he would be on blue. Not sure yet, but ive always wanted one from when I played classic and never went ahead with it ;D

Considering I only ever played on Rallos Zek in classic, I don't even know why I haven't been on red yet
Old 09-23-2017, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive been debating making an SK, but I heard on red my SK might be less useless as he would be on blue. Not sure yet, but ive always wanted one from when I played classic and never went ahead with it ;D

Considering I only ever played on Rallos Zek in classic, I don't even know why I haven't been on red yet
I almost decided to go with a red server, but opted for red on blue. I can live with the slight bit of alienation and the limitations.

During live, from about 1999 on through to Luclin, I played an epic Mage and Cleric, but really hated where the game was going from Luclin onward...though I came back for PoP and rolled a Necro to 60 for awhile.

I really missed the original game, and here it is...
Last edited by AkashicRecord; 09-23-2017 at 01:35 PM..
Old 09-23-2017, 02:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I killed a red name on blue with my red name rogue but was not able to loot.

I was able to be teleported too iirc.
Thanks for the clarification, seems to be about what I'd expect, minus the teleporting working..
Last edited by AkashicRecord; 09-23-2017 at 02:45 PM..
Old 09-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For everyone else, there is always /duel
For random PvP sure (even though you can duel just fine without the flag) ... but good luck going up to a player on Blue and saying "hey, I need a buff/port, but I have to duel you first ... nevermind the fact that I'm crazy enough to have a PvP flag on a non-PvP server, I promise I totally won't kill you ... really ..."

It sounds like maybe that isn't an issue anymore for porting. Still, at best you'll get raised eyebrows and at worst you'll get outright refusal when you tell someone they need to duel to get/receive a buff. And there's a good reason: there has been at least one player (and he wasn't even PvP-flagged) who went around asking people to duel supposedly so that he could use his OT Hammer, but then he killed his opponent instead.

Even so, if you got anything at all out of being red-named on Blue all that might still be worth it ... but as others have said, there are virtually no such characters beyond level three. You'd be enduring that hardship for no actual benefit ... well, other than being an extra unique and special snowflake. But perhaps that's your real motivation here?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-23-2017 at 03:08 PM..
Closed Thread