Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 11:40 PM
Large Bat

Default Broken Recipe?

I was trying to make Mithril Reinforced Masks (wood elf cultural tailoring recipe) and something is messed up.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is the recipe on the wiki. Wristband, cloak, belt, shoulderpad, and gorget recipes (according to the wiki) don't work either.

I've used this recipe many times before (just got back after a year+) so I have no idea why it's not working now. I *hope* I'm not missing something stupid...

Thanks for your time!
Old 05-23-2017, 01:01 PM
Large Bat

It's been 3 days, nobody can confirm or deny this recipe is broken? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been 3 days, nobody can confirm or deny this recipe is broken? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is not a corporate production, which means that your bug, and everyone else's, is being handled by a very small staff of 100% volunteers. Everyone on that staff does want the server to be as close to classic as possible (which includes having all classic tradeskill recipes functional), but they have a limited amount of bandwidth, so I'm sure if you are patient they will get to it eventually.

If you just want confirmation from other players, I'd recommend either posting in the general forum, or doing a search for people selling Mithril Reinforced armor in the EC Tunnel Forum and ask them (via private message) whether they can do the combine. I'd do it but my tailoring is <100 (and I'm not an elf) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:58 PM
Large Bat

I guess I had imagined that verifying (and perhaps fixing) the recipe would be easier than say, determining food eating rates or verifying the spawn rate in Classic for Hate minis. I apologize for my impatience.

However just after I read your post I took out my materials again (with the intention of finding another wood elf to try it) and it worked just fine for me. So I have no idea what the problem was.

Sorry to bother!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However just after I read your post I took out my materials again (with the intention of finding another wood elf to try it) and it worked just fine for me. So I have no idea what the problem was.
Glad it worked out!

Quote:
I guess I had imagined that verifying (and perhaps fixing) the recipe would be easier than say, determining food eating rates or verifying the spawn rate in Classic for Hate minis.
Although I'm not on the dev team, as a programmer I can assure you that even the simplest change can take time/effort.

(NOTE: The following wall of text is just meant to expose a little bit of the programming world to you, NOT to make you feel bad about your post or anything.)

Even if the fix is literally one character you have these things called software tests that will break when things change (to help you catch un-intended changes), so you have to update them. Then, when you merge your fix in to the main "branch" of code you can get conflicts (the computer thinks you and another developer tried to change the same line ... even if you didn't actually change a line anyone else changed). So when those happen you have to fix them. Then you usually have to get another programmer to review the change (even if it's one character). And then on top of all that you usually have some sort of bug tracking system which you have to update to say "this one is fixed".

... and of course, all that assumes your one-character fix worked perfectly, doesn't break anything else, and doesn't require updating the database (because then you'd need to write a migration), etc. So, hopefully that helps explain how even very "easy" changes can take a lot more effort than you might expect, and thus why the dev team might seem to be slow from an outside perspective.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-23-2017 at 08:02 PM..
Closed Thread