Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought that's what this was: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=157067

Seems a lot of it is still incomplete. A lot of it seems like lengthy quests and I just don't have the time to go around doing long quests (that require raids) on a test server unfortunately.
well money isnt going to help anything.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well money isnt going to help anything.
This is untrue for any other situation in life, so I doubt that it is valid here.

People are pumped for Velious to come out - to not use it as a fundraising opportunity would be egregious. More people are going to be coming back once Velious comes out, more people = more bandwidth = higher server operational costs.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is untrue for any other situation in life, so I doubt that it is valid here.

People are pumped for Velious to come out - to not use it as a fundraising opportunity would be egregious. More people are going to be coming back once Velious comes out, more people = more bandwidth = higher server operational costs.
Sorry had to lol at that....Newflash some people in this world don't see money as a way to fix/solve everything. But back to the point. Dev's can't accept money to quit their jobs to work on beta more so yes money can not solve this problem.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

It is untrue in this situation. You have to work to create Velious, and that's a matter of time, not money - Velious won't come any faster because you gave Rogean 50 bucks. Much of the issue lies in testing.

Paying people to do work would result in this project being shut down faster than a TMO batphone text message.

Be patient, and test Velious on the beta server - If you want it, help it come to fruition by testing instead of thinking of ways to get SOE's lawyers on the project's ass.
Don't have 'the time to do that'? Hire a private firm of Project 1999 game testers and have them do the work for you. Rogean and nilbog do not have to be involved for you to manage that if you have more money than you know what to do with.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry had to lol at that....Newflash some people in this world don't see money as a way to fix/solve everything. But back to the point. Dev's can't accept money to quit their jobs to work on beta more so yes money can not solve this problem.
Sorry had to lol at you thinking like a naive idealist without addressing my very real point about how server operational costs are likely to go up and using this opportunity to fund raise would make sense.

Can't believe the backlash to this idea. I would love to see a dev come in here and say 'hey we have all the money we could ever need'
Last edited by toolshed; 08-22-2014 at 05:06 PM..
Old 08-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sorry had to lol at you thinking like a naive idealist without addressing my very real point about how server operational costs are likely to go up and using this opportunity to fund raise would make sense.

Can't believe the backlash to this idea. I would love to see a dev come in here and say 'hey we have all the money we could ever need'
No one is saying you can't give money. We are just saying that you giving money isnt going to make velious come out quicker.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Bookmarking this.
Closed Thread