Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Within99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like to rub myself down with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.
my fursona is a slug, sleonwahwohp
Old 03-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Within99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a question for you..
Did you live 6,000+ years ago?
In order to have 100% proof, you would have been there, and we all know you weren't. Why would you rely on science or logic, or even other people opinions about the "Theories" of the creation of earth, or mankind.
There are soooo many different ways to come at you here. Let's start with this one:

You want me to believe in something with absolutely zero factual backing rather than something that, while not 100% conclusive, is founded in fact.

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 03-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman8810 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are soooo many different ways to come at you here. Let's start with this one:

You want me to believe in something with absolutely zero factual backing rather than something that, while not 100% conclusive, is founded in fact.
No I don't want you to believe, I want you to want to believe.
Once again its not based off fact and logic, blah blah, easy way out, blah blah, Scapegoat is fact, blah easy, blah..
You all say the same thing, Fact this, Fact that, Science this, logic that.
Listen.. What bad would it do for your life.. Really, what bad would it do...
You obviously haven't read the bible. I've been reading it for years and I might have finished 1/3rd of it. I read things over and get a new message from it.
You know what a Hater is?
Stop the hate.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Religion is personal, spiritual, to try our best to be better people. Not be better then other people just try to have wisdom and understanding to the best of our abilities. If you are offended from religion, try to learn the truth behind it all.

I have a question for you..
Did you live 6,000+ years ago?
In order to have 100% proof, you would have been there, and we all know you weren't. Why would you rely on science or logic, or even other people opinions about the "Theories" of the creation of earth, or mankind.

Bottom line is, you don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chtulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worst troll ever
..and diggles quotes this, echoing the statement.

BUT GENTLEMEN, look at the lulz that has been produced:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLikeALionInZion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't agree more. Too much divide and conquer in our society.

Zealous atheists and Christians are both some of the most bigoted and ignorant people i ever met.

On one hand we have people who believe devoutly in an Ala carte of European paganism, ancient Israelite customs, and Roman Emperor worship. These people seem to act righteous one day a week yet are champions of some of the most anti-christian activity on the planet. The war in Iraq and the strong support for it by Red state voters is an example. Somehow also thumping and enforcing a few rules from your various texts will balance society and usher in a golden age.

On the other hand we have a group of individuals who are just as blind.
The moral fabric of the society we live in is literally completely torn apart yet the liberals / atheists claim that because in a few conservative states that gays cant marry and marijuana and abortion arent promoted that there is some Great Right Wing Christian Conspiracy. Not surprised athiesm is popular with whites, who mostly view themselves as god to those who are darker skin then them. (historically speaking)

Not much to choose between except for a docuhe and a tird sandwich.

Where are the uninhibited free thinkers and mystic gurus of our time?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLikeALionInZion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Job 38:4 -Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if you have understanding.

“Were they created by nothing, or were they themselves the creators? Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.” (The Holy Qur’aan, Chapter 52, Verses 35-36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chtulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worst troll ever
Quote:
Or no such thing, which is simpler, more logical, and down right better for humans if there was no deity.
Quote:
I like to rub myself down with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman8810 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So verily, I do say ye, that Within99 is a most sophisticated of trolls, with a veritable collection of monocles!
Old 03-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Sarnak

I thought I was Tauren?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:41 AM
Fire Giant

Within. Is the bible literal? Do you believe the bible, verbatim, is God's word? What about old and new testament?

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
No I don't want you to believe, I want you to want to believe.
Once again its not based off fact and logic, blah blah, easy way out, blah blah, Scapegoat is fact, blah easy, blah..
You all say the same thing, Fact this, Fact that, Science this, logic that.
Listen.. What bad would it do for your life.. Really, what bad would it do...
You obviously haven't read the bible. I've been reading it for years and I might have finished 1/3rd of it. I read things over and get a new message from it.
You know what a Hater is?
Stop the hate.
I grew up in a household with two ordained ministers and have read the Bible from front to back. Also, whether science or religion is the "easy way out" is entirely perception. Personally, I see religion as the "easy way out" because it is far easier to not worry about the why or how of something.

Also, could religion do me harm? Absolutely. Religion is a crutch that calls on you to put your faith in a higher being to bring about desired changes in your life, or for that higher being to bring about the changes in his mystical plan. Personally, I've done it and I've always ended up disappointed. A far more effective approach is to actively assess your desires and act upon them.

Religion is merely a social construct brought about to teach morals and help strengthen communities. We no longer need this and it is causing more problems than good.

Live-
Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 AM
Kobold

Also, God damned me for eternity. No, Satan did it you say? Well, God is omniscient. That means he knows everything that can, and will, happen. As such, God created Satan knowing full well what he was going to do. In addition to this, it means that God created every single one of us knowing our choices. If you say that this was to determine those of us that truly love you then I say that an omniscient god with the power to create or destroy anything he wishes would know how to create beings that truly loved him without having to subject a large percentage of those beings to an eternity of hell.

Also, Christianity says that we are created in His image. This doesn't mean his physical image but his spiritual image. I can tell you that I was not created in his image because I would never dream of subjecting any of my children to eons of torment for their choices. Any parent out there would do everything in their power to give their children a life of happiness. As such, either God is not omnipotent, not benign, not real, or a dick. You decide, I already made my choice.

Live-
Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Banned

i want to be reincarnated into a sea turtle
Old 03-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i want to be reincarnated into a sea turtle
too late