Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
what if religion was merely a way to label the way you live your life based on your personal code and principles and gave you an external way to express that belief?
I believe that is basically what I said when I labeled religion a social construct. I don't need religion as an external way to express my belief. I am perfectly capable of being kind and helpful to others without religion. Also, I don't need to label my personal code and principles as "religion". Once again, I'm perfectly fine just having them by my personal code and principles. Does that make sense? Basically, there was a time when religion was essential to the human race and helped bind us together into communities. However, at this stage we don't need it anymore and it really just acts to drive us apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Within99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get it? you are Anti-God?
Anyway, you are wrong.
God can only do good, you need to attend church.
No matter what you think, you can never do it with your own strength, you need God, we all do.

Ill try to leave this thread with this.
When Jesus comes back, and God judges the people of the earth, will you rely on the "things of the world" or the promise of Christ Jesus.
Satan is the ruler of earth.
I'm anti-God? No, I'm anti-religion and believe that if there is a God he made me self-sufficient enough to provide for myself and try to live a morally sound life without holding eternal damnation over me. Also, "God can only do good"? Did you read my second post? In Christianity God is omnipotent and omniscient. As such, he takes full responsibility for any action one of his creations takes. Therefore, God created Satan who did evil; e.g. God did evil.

As far as Satan being the ruler of the earth... Guess who's fault that is.

Quote:
Usually people who are afraid to die argue religion. Both sides.
Why did you target Christianity specifically? It's not the largest religion in the world, and by your claiming your an atheist, you aren't just anti-christian, but anti-faith completely. Why not target islamic beliefs? Simple.. you knew this would make the most fuss, and you're just a damn loser wanting to fire up an argument and make a name for yourself.

So, now that you've made your point.. what's changed? You haven't outrun death, fatty. It's still comin'.
Not sure if this was directed at me or not. I targeted Christianity specifically because I know Christianity intimately. I know Christian beliefs and I know how Christians rationalize those beliefs.

I'm not anti-faith. I have faith in many things, one such example being science. However, I don't have faith in a God (or at least any such God portrayed by earthly religions) because I don't see a benefit in it for me.

As far as "firing up an argument"? We are in RnF and posing your beliefs and thought son a matter is hardly trying to fire up an argument. As far as making a name for myself? I could care less what you or others think of me.

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 03-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8_q3QlIQvA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Kobold

P.S. My entire family is Christian and I respect them greatly for it. However, the reason I respect them for it is they don't sit on their hands and pray to God to fix things. They don't pray for God to heal them and then not go see the doctor. My family has always had a very pragmatic view when it comes to religion.

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 03-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLikeALionInZion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hasbinbad acting intellectual when he didnt know who Haile Selassie was.
Yes, knowledge of jamaican/jewish mysticism is the key to intellectualism.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Banned

Well duh
Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

Banned
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Banned

Old 03-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

ultimate troll thread, over 100 pages. i agree with your point; however, i do not agree with your method for conveying it
Old 03-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ultimate troll thread, over 100 pages. i agree with your point; however, i do not agree with your method for conveying it

The most honest and reasonable retort in this thread.

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Old 06-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Banned

Closed Thread