Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

when I played live, pet classes and dungeons were not very compatible.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when I played live, pet classes and dungeons were not very compatible.
just dont summon your pet till you are at the camp.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Kobold

Mages really weren't hurt that bad post-29 or so due to how incredibly efficient pet chaining is. The problem is that leveling a mage from 4 to 29 is now incredibly difficult.

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 03-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman8810 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages really weren't hurt that bad post-29 or so due to how incredibly efficient pet chaining is. The problem is that leveling a mage from 4 to 29 is now incredibly difficult.
yah.. i started a chanter the week after the pet exp nerf.

chanter has to be one of the hardest pet classes to start from scratch with now.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Large Rat

Anyone got any tips for levelling pre-29 then? I'm struggling and thinking of a re-roll to a Necro...
Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one wants mages in a group typically. I know..I'm in the same boat =/

/lfg for hours on end. Only ever get groups if it's someone in a clique lol

I've found on this server that LFG is a crutch used for the lazy. Being LFG doesn't mean sitting around waiting for a group of 5 to invite you, but you can also use it as a means to form your own group. Start it off as a duo/trio/whatever and expand it to a full group if possible if that's your goal. As for not inviting mages to groups I don't understand that. If I have my tank, cleric, enc then the last 3 spots are for DPS depending on the camp. I may want a monk type to fd pull etc, a rog for dps, etc. What I do have a problem with is if I invite a mage as a tank and the first thing they do is summon an earth pet. A good mage should look at the group compisition and determine what is the best pet for the camp/group composition. Also mages using bs'ing pets that don't worry about positioning their pets and leave it entirely to the tank frustrate me. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

BS, mages are extremely popular for groups.

High sustained DPS coupled with intermittent burst = always attractive.

- Eliphas Levi
Old 03-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages took a gigantic hit to the viability of their class when the pet experience rules were changed. Now, if your pet deals more damage than you, it steals 50% of the experience. For shamans and necromancers that is not a very big problem. For mages, it is an impossible condition to meet without gaining aggro or dispelling your pet.
This is probably a big reason, but a lot of it is also that mages aren't nearly as dominant 51-60 as they were 1-50 in classic. The active mage pop seemed to diminish somewhat even before the xp changes...

And mages are a fantastic group dps class - it's primarily their solo ability, both in the xp they can turnover and their actual ability to kill blue mobs solo (severely diminished after 50) that took/take huge hits 51-60.

And maybe a large reason they aren't that good 51+ is because every fire pet after level 49 is a worthless piece of garbage (for the most part).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Orc

I don't mind mages in groups - they offer decent DPS. What annoys me though is mages that nearly never nuke, don't keep mod rods on tap if mana is an issue (and even if it isn't, every caster should have one available), and don't keep me DSed. I don't mind positioning mobs for BS pets since ideally fights will happen in the same place every pull.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is probably a big reason, but a lot of it is also that mages aren't nearly as dominant 51-60 as they were 1-50 in classic.
epic mages take care of this problem.