Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instead of making you realize you're capable of killing anything class C can, this experiment had taught you that if you cry loud enough Rogean will but that pixel titty in your mouth to shut you up. The class R argument of separate classes for different play styles just doesn't hold water. Two years ago TMO wasn't putting in 1/10th of the effort some class R guilds are today. If you want to kill a VP dragon just go do it. Stop trying to lobby your congressman. It's a game - treat it like one.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Two years ago TMO didnt put in extra effort because no one else was capable of trying to even put a dent into the raid scene with 96 HR variance and 24/7 on-call batphone raid forces parked at each zone. There literally was no chance in hell.

Nice try tho, I know it sucks now that the playing field is somewhat leveled and TMO regularly loses mobs its easy to complain about how the rules are boggin you down and Class R are a bunch of whiners lol.

Damn rules making a playing field more fair for all!

There is ZERO reason the COMPETITIVE class should have any spawns 'reserved' for them like Dald said. Every mob that is listed as Class C should be FFA.

Class C by their nature wins most of the FFA anyway, and its what they crave....competition and beating the other guy to the punch.

The sole reason Class C has their own allocated mobs is simply because there was too much pixel loss on the line which is unacceptable.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because 96 hour variance is classic
?
Old 10-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
?
I just find it amusing that you are whining about how the current system is not classic, when for years we had . . . another system that was not classic.

The simple reality is that Kunark (and probably even Velious) is just too easy. The only real competition is on repops; everything else is just a test of neckbeardery.

My original proposal was that repops be FFA and normal spawns be rotated (all guilds). I'm feeling pretty prescient with that proposal at this point.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just find it amusing that you are whining about how the current system is not classic, when for years we had . . . another system that was not classic.

The simple reality is that Kunark (and probably even Velious) is just too easy. The only real competition is on repops; everything else is just a test of neckbeardery.

My original proposal was that repops be FFA and normal spawns be rotated (all guilds). I'm feeling pretty prescient with that proposal at this point.
I never said 96 hour variance was classic. I'm not sure why you felt the need to bring it up as that was exactly my point - unclassic rules being put into place to try to solve the raid scene when only new content can do that.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
I never said 96 hour variance was classic. I'm not sure why you felt the need to bring it up as that was exactly my point - unclassic rules being put into place to try to solve the raid scene when only new content can do that.
well at least there's a raid SCENE now instead of TMO retirement pixel packages

before the changes, raiding still happened, just no one was allowed to see it
Old 10-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

It was only a matter of time. The question is: how retarded will the staff let blue become?
Old 10-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was only a matter of time. The question is: how retarded will the staff let blue become?
We all knew it was coming. Ride the Class R gravy train till trak gives up enough teeth...Then ask VP to be changed to FFA.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Apologies for my ignorance and slight derailment but, what exactly does Class C and Class R stand for? I've tried searching the forum however it limits my search to just "Class" since C and R are too short to query on, which gives me rather unhelpful results.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Banned

Change the current variance to +/- 4 hours imo. With the extended window code where if it falls into the last little bit the spawn timer rerolls.... Since it's hard for guilds in class r who field 60 or so during late mob windows to track (which is a cop out)

But jeremy I think we're already at full retard.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We all knew it was coming. Ride the Class R gravy train till trak gives up enough teeth...Then ask VP to be changed to FFA.
We all knew it was coming. Ride the classically long variance to lock down every raid mob for 2 years utilizing the biggest neckbeards on the server. Then complain that 1/3 of the mob respawns outside of VP is too much to 'give away'.
Closed Thread