Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylexis 630726
Shadowed men act like undead mobs and aggro no matter your leve
IDK about that I was killing green shadowmen few days ago in WC without greens going aggro.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So for all you poor ogre warriors out there, go to your Everquest folder, change files combattheme1.mp3 and combattheme2.mp3 to copies of this here more appropriate new combat theme.
Someone needs to do this and post a video montage. rofl!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably because a Feared mob's run speed is calculated the same way as a Fleeing mob's run speed.

I am guessing Feared mobs were not intended to get hit with this change though. Hopefully the Fear speed can be fixed again.

What also breaks Fear kiting for me is that Feared mobs are changing direction every few steps like they are drunk or something. This is new as of the patch also, and will hopefully be fixed soon.
Have been having the same issue when playing my Necro. Very frustrating.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So for all you poor ogre warriors out there, go to your Everquest folder, change files combattheme1.mp3 and combattheme2.mp3 to copies of this here more appropriate new combat theme.
exacty .........only it's not just the ogres ....
Old 04-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Banned

500pp to the first person who makes a minute-long video with the Benny Hill theme playing to scenes of multiple mobs running around and them trying to catch it. Whatever level is fine, but I want more than one zone!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Skeleton

Yea ihope they fix this.... I really dont understand why they would think this flee speed is good lol... I really hope alot of people dont quit over this as i want this game to live on! I dont wanna lose it again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMartigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea ihope they fix this.... I really dont understand why they would think this flee speed is good lol... I really hope alot of people dont quit over this as i want this game to live on! I dont wanna lose it again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, yea seriously. It took me about 10 minutes to kill a wasp last night with my lvl 1 wizard. I had no mana (thx fizzle) and my piercing skill was 2. I had to chase this wasp all over the place because my hit chance went a lot lower since it was running all over the place and going different directions quickly.

I really don't remember this to be classic or any version of everquest for that matter.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't remember this to be classic or any version of everquest for that matter.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Kobold

Just spent the last 5 minutes chasing the same green goblin in Highkeep. The pathing direction changes are pretty ridiculous as well.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Banned

Fleeing at 15-20% is correct to how live was, flee speed tho is way off. The reason its like this was during the early times of this server they messed up pc speed on run where mobs weren't hitting PC correctly, and to correct that they upped the speed of mobs to x2 or something, making the mobs slightly quicker then PC normal speed (IMO should have just upped the NPC hit radius). Hell if you look at the pathing mobs at the moment there walk speed is super quick already. Then when the NPC buff sow on those they turn run animation even tho they are walking.

If i remember correctly on live, they flee at snare speed, and when you snare them they almost stop speed. Lets see what happens over the next week if this is going to be corrected, /fingers cross
Closed Thread