Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Gnomes being removed as a playable race.

They will be replaced by Othmir.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:28 AM
Banned

They weren't removed, they were replaced with guise of the deceiver
I personally prefer the dark elf illusion but the instant click item was quite handy
Old 01-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Aviak

Thought I'd chime in and say I'm having a blast on this server. There's still quite a few bugs (pathing, some mob warping, and tweaking to drop rates) but I think once those are fixed this server will feel really smooth. Most the people I've played with are enjoying it as well, but there's always a few vocal people who just want to stir things up. It's been really laid back and fun for me though. In the month since beta started I think it's improved a lot and don't see any reason it will stop.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:44 PM
Orc

News Flash:

Destiny uses an XP exploit to level half their guild to level 50 within a few days, look at this Broadcast that just came in:

Quote:
We have been aware of a xp exploit that exists. Due to the wide spread knowledge of this exploit this would be a PR nightmare. So we have to look at it like a Lawyer. We can't say not to but we can't say yes to it. It is entirely up to you at this point until we fix it. But keep in mind, Kunark will be a long ways off. Even if xp was not exploitable we would have most of the population to 50 by the time Kunark is released. The faster you get to 50, the faster you burn out
You can bet your ass if ANH would have used and exploited this bug, they would all be collectively banned at this point. But since it is Destiny care bear central, nothing will happen.

The worst thing isn't even that, it is that they are willing to sacrifice the integrity of the server to not have to punish their own guild mates.

I will keep you guys up to date as this ridiculous story continues to unfold
Last edited by Bleepo; 01-26-2015 at 03:50 PM..
Old 01-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Orc

At least this means we won't be waiting for Naggy and Vox to be introduced much longer, since now Destiny is leveled enough to wipe on them. I already thought we would have to wait another month for them to be ready.

/sarcasm off
Old 01-26-2015, 04:32 PM
Kobold

What is the xp exploit?
Old 01-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the xp exploit?
Was gonna ask too. But didn't.

What will destroy the server is favoritism. The rules said exploits were bannable. I dont remember the "unless enough people do them" part.

Wont change the game I am playing there tho.

The perma ban if you quote a GM has me wondering. Just promotes corruption.

H
Old 01-26-2015, 04:54 PM
Banned

Destiny was such a shit guild on Eqmac
Old 01-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Their reaction to an exploit depends on which people/guild are using and benefiting from said exploit.

The exp one has to do with grouping with high levels, they can kill greens that don't give them exp but if the mob is blue-red to the others they get exp from it. So you can just mow down a lot of easy mobs like SolA gnomes on some level 50s to powerlevel some dudes.

Honestly not that big of a deal since I got 50 pretty fast legitimately. The exp isn't as slow as P99 anyways.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplitude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Destiny was such a shit guild on Eqmac
Eh they were one of two guilds to see the Elemental Planes on that server.

Unless you count hackers who warped into zones or the few people who figured out how to glitch their way through the lava tube in ToSR.
Closed Thread