Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My issue with this, as was pointed out in the reddit comments is that the crypt already has other women in it right? They just don't get statues. Assuming that's accurate it kind of throws everything on its head. I'll tell you what though, I absolutely love all the implications this theory has. It ticks all my conspiracy boxes haha.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 03-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

"Meanwhile, Stannis is outside the walls and Daenerys has had visions of a blue eyed king with a red sword who casts no shadow. Roose may want the Queen for himself, but who says he'll succeed?"

That's the most compelling part imo. I could definitely see that meaning Stannis will become the night's King. Also, good read mandalore. I really couldn't refute any of it concretely .... Do we know (unequivocally) if there were other women buried in the crypts? I mean, it makes sense that something is drawing the Others south.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

There are a few passages mentioning other women in the crypts...but not what part. Lyanna is buried with the other lords and kings. I'm pretty sure it's possible that Ned's brother died after Rickard so he was briefly lord of winterfell. The only main character we get a view from on that is Jaime if I remember correctly.

But the theory was just so balls to the wall good I don't give a fuck about the details.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Aviak

I still think jon snows rez will burn off his starkness changing him into a more targaryen look.
Edit:that is not to say that stannis wont be defender of the wall. I cant speculate on that
Last edited by BurgyK; 03-01-2015 at 11:16 PM..
Old 03-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgyK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still think jon snows rez will burn off his starkness changing him into a more targaryen look.
Edit:that is not to say that stannis wont be defender of the wall. I cant speculate on that
I hope this is true just so they recast the actor on GoT
Old 03-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope this is true just so they recast the actor on GoT
You get out of here with that Kit Harrington hate speech jibber-jabber!

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 03-03-2015, 01:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My issue with this, as was pointed out in the reddit comments is that the crypt already has other women in it right? They just don't get statues. Assuming that's accurate it kind of throws everything on its head. I'll tell you what though, I absolutely love all the implications this theory has. It ticks all my conspiracy boxes haha.
i have found evidence of nonkings and nonlords buried there. i still havent found a female. but everyone entombed there has a statue carved in their likeness. i forget the name now, but theres a graveyard for those that arent put into the crypts. also, we learn in book 5 that the lowest level of the crypt is partially collapsed. but Artos Stark (Artos the Implacable) was laid to rest within the crypts, and was never a lord of winterfell or a king of the north.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 03-03-2015 at 01:12 PM..
Old 03-03-2015, 01:12 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Meanwhile, Stannis is outside the walls and Daenerys has had visions of a blue eyed king with a red sword who casts no shadow. Roose may want the Queen for himself, but who says he'll succeed?"

That's the most compelling part imo. I could definitely see that meaning Stannis will become the night's King. Also, good read mandalore. I really couldn't refute any of it concretely .... Do we know (unequivocally) if there were other women buried in the crypts? I mean, it makes sense that something is drawing the Others south.
Stannis as the Night King? i dunno about that. but Stannis as the 1000th commander of the nights watch? i like that a lot.

also, a blue eyed king with no shadow and a red sword is obviously stannis. he already has blue eyes, melisandre used that dark shadow magic that we know stole a piece of stannis, and he had a flaming sword (tho it was not lightbringer, as it didnt emit heat, as per Aemon Targaryen). that doesnt make him the nights king. i see that more as a red herring for Azor Azai.

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 03-03-2015, 01:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

and for everyone else that im too lazy to quote :P

firstly, Brandon and Lyanna arent the only non kings/lords within the crypt. Artos Stark (Artos the Implacable) was also laid to rest within the crypts, and was never a lord of winterfell or a king of the north.

as far as the swords, i dont believe they have any "magical" purpose. in the first book it clearly states that Ned notices that the oldest longswords have rusted away to nothing. which means they've been gone a long while, as iron doesnt rust away to dust over night.

GRRM doesnt have the balls to kill jon snow at this point. and if he did kill jon, itd be strictly to shock readers that figure things out in the 5+ years it takes him to write a damn book.

as far as Jon changing after rezz, one thing worth mentioning is that in book 4 Jon Snow dreams he is walking past the stone kings, who tell him there is no place for him in the crypt. so if there are any spirits in there, they already know who Jon Snow really is.

they will never recast Kit Harrington

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Kit Harrington sucks, why do yall like him? He reminds me of Nicholas cage in Con Air

Also, the biggest reason that I like the theory, is that this replaces the passivity of prophecy with an actual cause for the Others to be moving south. I have no idea if he's identified the correct rallying cry for them to migrate, but I NEVER thought martin was simply going to allude to many prophecies and fulfill them. It seems likely that the prophecies weren't inevitibilities but instead the results of retards like Rhaegar and Ned.

Just my $.02 but I really like where he's going with this. And sorry I don't know the name of the guy I'm referring to... Forester I think?

The hound 2016