Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it wasn't actually. AW in this instance agroed a train after the pull had already started. You were complaining about AM dropping an already existing train when your guild tried to leap frog and pull Prog...
No, I was complaining about dropping the whole train on top of our pullers on purpose, when there was multiple chances and places where AM could have safely dropped that train.

Afaik you are responsible for your trains and you are responsible to communicate it before you drop it, instead AM choose to drop without warning around 20 mobs on a chokepoint where usually is 1 or 2 mobs and puller needs to run past that spot when he is pulling Prog and AM chose to do it the exact moment when our puller was running past there.

I can understand this concept is hard for you to understand, so all power to you for not thinking its against the rules.

Anyways, rather than arguing was some shady play within rules or not my point is that when you choose to raid with guilds that have history of repeatedly breaking the rules and cheating (which is pretty well documented on raid forums), you also choose to endorse that behavior that lead that guild eating all those suspensions.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I was complaining about dropping the whole train on top of our pullers on purpose, when there was multiple chances and places where AM could have safely dropped that train.

Afaik you are responsible for your trains and you are responsible to communicate it before you drop it, instead AM choose to drop without warning around 20 mobs on a chokepoint where usually is 1 or 2 mobs and puller needs to run past that spot when he is pulling Prog and AM chose to do it the exact moment when our puller was running past there.

I can understand this concept is hard for you to understand, so all power to you for not thinking its against the rules.

Anyways, rather than arguing was some shady play within rules or not my point is that when you choose to raid with guilds that have history of repeatedly breaking the rules and cheating (which is pretty well documented on raid forums), you also choose to endorse that behavior that lead that guild eating all those suspensions.
Why were you stupid enough to try and leap frog to prog while another guild had the kite going? You literally assumed AM was going to continue kiting the big room while you jumped over them to the next mob?

Playing within the rules is exactly the point though.... CSG has done more shady shit and gotten away with it than either of the A's though...
Old 04-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welp, fuck this server. Who wants my stuff.
I do. I want your stuff. Leave it on the ground in EC tunnel. I will pick it up at my leisure.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

l o l

detoxx the destroyer

wp
Old 04-09-2018, 03:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why were you stupid enough to try and leap frog to prog while another guild had the kite going? You literally assumed AM was going to continue kiting the big room while you jumped over them to the next mob?

Playing within the rules is exactly the point though.... CSG has done more shady shit and gotten away with it than either of the A's though...
So you are literally saying that dumping a giant train on other guilds pull team without any warning is not against the rules? Ok, got you. I guess this isn't worth discussing after this point.

And I keep hearing that CSG does shady shit, but it truly is amazing that it only comes from A/A fanboys (the same fanboys that eat suspensions after another and still think their guild isn't cheating) and even when A/A leadership has sworn to nail CSG to the wall on next mistake they make I'm still waiting to see that "Raid Suspension: CSG" post on raid forums.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you are literally saying that dumping a giant train on other guilds pull team without any warning is not against the rules? Ok, got you. I guess this isn't worth discussing after this point.

And I keep hearing that CSG does shady shit, but it truly is amazing that it only comes from A/A fanboys (the same fanboys that eat suspensions after another and still think their guild isn't cheating) and even when A/A leadership has sworn to nail CSG to the wall on next mistake they make I'm still waiting to see that "Raid Suspension: CSG" post on raid forums.
Seems kind of stupid for you not to have your own kiter there ready to pick up the train. Otherwise you were indeed expecting AM to keep kiting while you leapfrogged them to the next boss. I understand you're biased and all but really? In what world do you think the competition is going to keep kiting mobs so that you can beat them to a kill?
Old 04-09-2018, 04:20 AM
Kobold

The ST stuff is a bit of a grey area IMO. Yes, you're told to control your trains, but you're also in a room full of KOS mobs that will never be considered safe until it's been cleared. If I was following a monk up through NToV who had a bunch of mobs following him, and he suddenly died or FD'd, I don't think I'd have any right to complain about my inevitable death. This is obviously a somewhat absurd analogy, but I don't think it's too far from what happened to your guy. A bit shady and underhanded, sure, but I'm not sure that it'd warrant any sort of punishment?

IDK, maybe I'm wrong, and you'll probably not agree, which is fine. Like I said though, it seems like a bit of a grey area to me.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Seems kind of stupid for you not to have your own kiter there ready to pick up the train. Otherwise you were indeed expecting AM to keep kiting while you leapfrogged them to the next boss. I understand you're biased and all but really? In what world do you think the competition is going to keep kiting mobs so that you can beat them to a kill?
You are still saying that rather than playing according to the rules and communicating when you are dropping your train and dropping it at safe location you think it is OK to keep the kite going and drop it on top of the other guilds puller at the narrow passage where it is impossible to avoid getting hit by it. I have never said at any point that I expect competition to keep the kite going, however I expect them to respect the rules and handle the dropping of the train properly. You can twist this however you wish, fact is that AM dumped giant train without a warning on top of our pullteam at the spot where there shouldn't be more than 1 or 2 mobs.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

One of the top forum mads hasn't lost his touch I see [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2018, 04:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ST stuff is a bit of a grey area IMO. Yes, you're told to control your trains, but you're also in a room full of KOS mobs that will never be considered safe until it's been cleared. If I was following a monk up through NToV who had a bunch of mobs following him, and he suddenly died or FD'd, I don't think I'd have any right to complain about my inevitable death. This is obviously a somewhat absurd analogy, but I don't think it's too far from what happened to your guy. A bit shady and underhanded, sure, but I'm not sure that it'd warrant any sort of punishment?

IDK, maybe I'm wrong, and you'll probably not agree, which is fine. Like I said though, it seems like a bit of a grey area to me.
Don't think there is anything grey at the fact that there was all of the mobs from the big room dropped at the doorway to Progenitor. There is 1 static mob and couple roamers at that spot, nothing you cannot get past without sneak after you FTE Progenitor. There is plenty of room in that big room to drop your train safely, but AM choose to drop it at that very spot where they knew it would hit our puller at the very same moment our puller was running past it.